A&H

New card wallet set recommendations

MumRef

Hello all. My card wallet is falling apart. Any recommfor one that isn't too flimsy, isn't too thick and has a pencil holder? My cards are fine,I just need the wallet. Thanks

The Referee Store
Never been a notebook user, but was given one of these in a secret santa (given away since, or I'd happily send it on) and it seemed pretty sturdy.

Never been a notebook user, but was given one of these in a secret santa (given away since, or I'd happily send it on) and it seemed pretty sturdy.

Do you mind me asking what you do use? I’m getting a bit frustrated using a notebook as it’s so time consuming.

Do you mind me asking what you do use? I’m getting a bit frustrated using a notebook as it’s so time consuming
Not a notebook user either. I use refsix on my apple watch, many referees don't like it and find it too fiddly but I've gotten used to it. Records everything you need perfect for sin bins and time keeping. Quick, easy, keeps everything in one place and gives you a match report on your phone after the game. Many referees also used write on card stickers (harder to do at grassroots because you can't always fit names on the card).

Not a notebook user either. I use refsix on my apple watch, many referees don't like it and find it too fiddly but I've gotten used to it. Records everything you need perfect for sin bins and time keeping. Quick, easy, keeps everything in one place and gives you a match report on your phone after the game. Many referees also used write on card stickers (harder to do at grassroots because you can't always fit names on the card).
The issue at grass roots is getting the team sheets in time to be able to update the team names into R6. Many times I've been sat there stressing over the sync to the watch and you just don't need that before a game.

The issue at grass roots is getting the team sheets in time to be able to update the team names into R6. Many times I've been sat there stressing over the sync to the watch and you just don't need that before a game.
You can use the app during the game without team sheets entered then put them in after the game

You can use the app during the game without team sheets entered then put them in after the game
I’ve never bothered - just use the number pad. Might be tempted if I took a laptop/iPad to a game, but am not entirely mad 🤣

Thought I might give Refsix a go this weekend and see if it works for me. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a list of players when showing a card rather than the number pad?

For most of my games I can access player names on Fulltime but obviously they have no numbers assigned. Would be easy for me if I could input all these names and then choose one when booking a player. Is there a way anyone knows of where I can do this?

Thought I might give Refsix a go this weekend and see if it works for me. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a list of players when showing a card rather than the number pad?

For most of my games I can access player names on Fulltime but obviously they have no numbers assigned. Would be easy for me if I could input all these names and then choose one when booking a player. Is there a way anyone knows of where I can do this?
When you have added a fixture you can then add a team list. You need to add the starting line up and subs, but this can be amended and changed, but you have to resync it to your phone.

I have to say that when you have a team list on your watch it does work well. The stressful part I find, is getting the list onto your watch in the limited time before a match. This is more often the case at grassroots.

IMG_6474.jpeg
In settings. Turn off second last optio

I mean, you could but I really wouldn't bother. Looking at the home team I have on Saturday afternoon, they have 44 registered players.

If you get teamsheets in a good enough time to add them all via the app, crack on, and turn the number keypad option off (see above). It's worth trying it over a few games to find your preferred method of tracking times, sinbins, player names, admin... I bet between all of the RefSix users on here, we probably do it a handful of different ways depending on style / competition / middle or line etc.

What I always do though, is print out the fixture from FullTime which shows both teams' players' names... copy in the bag, and I'll just have a glance through beforehand. Easy to refer to afterwards for spelling (Mc/Mac ... Shaun/Sean ... Jon/John/Jonathan ... etc) and often you just recall names when asking for them at a caution.

I mean, you could but I really wouldn't bother. Looking at the home team I have on Saturday afternoon, they have 44 registered players.

If you get teamsheets in a good enough time to add them all via the app, crack on, and turn the number keypad option off (see above). It's worth trying it over a few games to find your preferred method of tracking times, sinbins, player names, admin... I bet between all of the RefSix users on here, we probably do it a handful of different ways depending on style / competition / middle or line etc.

What I always do though, is print out the fixture from FullTime which shows both teams' players' names... copy in the bag, and I'll just have a glance through beforehand. Easy to refer to afterwards for spelling (Mc/Mac ... Shaun/Sean ... Jon/John/Jonathan ... etc) and often you just recall names when asking for them at a caution.
You make a good point about the number of registered players. A lot of teams in my area only seem to have about 25 players each but when I do occasionally get a team with 30-40 it would be completely pointless.

Waiting for team sheets seems like a better solution but also incredibly stressful. Also in one of the grassroots competitions I occasionally have games in a competition where teams do not have to provide a team sheet, which means going old fashioned and taking a players name at the point of booking.

Last edited:
Be nice if RefSix had an option to use number keypad, then an add note option.

Or voice memo. Corrrr imagine.

I’d probably subscribe if they did that

Back