A&H

New Nike Kit

Not a fan of the Nike ref kits to be honest, although the latest adidas effort is awful and certainly not one I am willing to shell out my hard earned cash for as an alternative. I think even adidas are embarrassed by them given the logo is the same colour as the shirt. :eek:

Fortunately my rare as rocking horse poo plain black adidas shirts from the late 2000s have a few years life left in them. I think my knees will give up before the shirt does and I need a replacement!

The Referee Store
Hmm... I'm starting to feel there is a conspiracy against me. Still I'm sure my existing kit will do for my hame on Sunday.

On a more serious note, I'm not overly bothered by the kit not turning up, it's just annoying that they send out emails saying they've had no kit in but then are sending kits out to other people.

I'd rather them say that they'd had kits in sizes x, y, and z but the large that I ordered aren't in yet, or that there are others who ordered kit before me, or that they have to fulfil contracts with the EFL/PL before dealing with my order.

You need to be honest with clients, even if it's something they don't want to hear, or admitting you've made a mistake etc. It builds trust.

I'm with you there zarathustra. I ordered mine on 6th June and other than the email saying there was a supply shortage I have had nothing. So people that ordered after me have had their kit provided but I haven't, that strikes me as worrying and unacceptable.

There's a note on A&H's website about the delays. Seems very familiar from 2 years ago and 2 years before that and 2 years before that...

Having seen a few people saying they have received their new kit I decided to ring Sporting touch to see where my kit was.....
I was told Nike haven't distributed the kits yet due to a massive back log, so I explained how strange that is as a couple of my mates have received theirs from sporting touch!
The guy goes away for a while and comes back and says the only kits they have had in are XL and L.....
So either I'm getting fobbed off or all those who have received their kit are if a larger build than myself!

Skinny......ouch!! Hope you like the new kit! Think it's disgusting that A company as big as Nike can't release this kit to everyone on time! It's not cheap..... I can guarantee that any premiership footy team would not accept this so why should we.....ohhhhh I feel like a email will be landing on Nikes uk supply chain executive

Ryan, while you may have a point I don't think you can compare the release of a new referee kit to that of a football kit for a team like Man City etc al.

Even if every referee in England bought 4 whole sets of the new kit they wouldn't even reach 50k sales. The demand may be there, but not in sufficient quantities to make the release of the new referee kit a priority.

They'll be concentrating on filling any contracts they have with national football federations, and then sort out those of us lower down the pyramid last.

The thing that's annoyed me is the miscommunication provided by A&H and Sporting Touch. I ordered the new kit on the 3rd of June from A&H and another set from Sporting Touch on the 8th (both large).

They had both said that they've not received anyour kit from Nike, yet both companies have been sending out kit. If they've only had certain sizes in then that's fair enough, but they could at least communicate to their customers.

I ordered from Kit Locker, they emailed initially to say there had been a delay and then emailed this morning to say it has been dispatched. Cant really fault them and they were cheaper than anyone else.

But the thing is with kit locker your buying badges and the having to get them sone on with sporting touch and A&H atleast its embroidered which I think looks a lot better I ordered my kit Thursday and yes I'm a skinny ref

But the thing is with kit locker your buying badges and the having to get them sone on with sporting touch and A&H atleast its embroidered which I think looks a lot better I ordered my kit Thursday and yes I'm a skinny ref

I have a local embroider who does that for me, he has a seamstress remove the pocket and expertly embroider the badge on and then put the pocket back. Looks better and works out cheaper.

If I order outside of A&H or sporting touch I'm having to pester my county FA for badges I'd rather just order from these two places and that's it

You dont have to pester anyone. Contact a local embroidery company and provide them with your county badge in digital format and they then sew it directly onto the shirt just like a and h.

Our just buy some badges from your county, mine do the iron on/off ones which are pretty simple to get on the shirt.

Or just spend a small proportion of match fee getting it embroidered.

No one likes throwing money away, but as all of us are getting paid, which for most of us is essentially an enjoyable hobby, aren't we just spending the "extra" money on our kit, still leaving a surplus.

Not many, can't think of ANY immediately, hobbies leave you with a "profit"!

Back