A&H

OFFINABUS towards me report

Well done for handling this. Hope you are OK. No one should have to go through what you have been through.
Thank you mate! I’m honestly all good from it. I think at the time I was absolutely stunned by what happened but I think my adrenaline pushed me through it at the time and managed to stick to my cool, calm and collected self somehow 😂 looking back at it, I honestly couldn’t have done anything different and I guess from the players perspective it was an absolute moment of madness on his part that’s cost him massively.

The Referee Store
So, I can vouch for this one given that I was called a 'fking spacker' and issued a red card which then resulted in the offending player spitting straight in my face. Reported it to my CFA via an extraordinary report on WGS. Spoke to my RDO regarding it a few hours after it happened. Since then, my CFA have been absolutely incredible. Tehy charged the player for the OFFINABUS getting a 6 game ban from all footballing activities along with a fine and mandatory education as well as charging him for the assault, of which, he got a 7 year ban from all footballing activity and mandatory education. Bare in mind, this only happened just under 3 weeks ago!

My words would be to report it and let the CFA deal with it. Like others have said, make sure you do report it, sometimes, as in life, we might not get the desired outcome, however, from the report, its noted and any further issues of this nature will have a previous occurance which in turn, will help out in a disciplinary.

Glad you're ok and have handled this well. Just to let you know, spitting on someone is battery and criminal charges would not be amiss here. Of course, it's up to you.

Glad you're ok and have handled this well. Just to let you know, spitting on someone is battery and criminal charges would not be amiss here. Of course, it's up to you.
Hi mate,
Don't worry, I'm all good after it! I have spoken to the police and they're currently investigating it at the moment so hopefully they take further action however, for me personally, I feel the ban is going to hit him a lot harder than what the law might at the moment.

Hi mate,
Don't worry, I'm all good after it! I have spoken to the police and they're currently investigating it at the moment so hopefully they take further action however, for me personally, I feel the ban is going to hit him a lot harder than what the law might at the moment.

It's possible, but it's important to leave a paper trail so that should it happen again in the future, the Magistrate will have it all documented before him.

It's possible, but it's important to leave a paper trail so that should it happen again in the future, the Magistrate will have it all documented before him.
The police don't investigate a significant percentage of burglaries and robberies in the UK, there is unfortunately absolutely no chance of them doing anything here. Going to be purely down to the CFA.

And before I get told off, that is absolutely no slight on police officers, there just aren't enough of them.

The police don't investigate a significant percentage of burglaries and robberies in the UK, there is unfortunately absolutely no chance of them doing anything here. Going to be purely down to the CFA.

And before I get told off, that is absolutely no slight on police officers, there just aren't enough of them.

Would they not at least file a report?

Would they not at least file a report?
It doesn't work like that in England. For them to submit a report to the Crown Prosecution Service they have to fully investigate it, the CPS won't agree to proceed with a prosecution unless there is clear evidence they have a chance of a guilty verdict. The police won't investigate a referee being insulted, they don't always investigate a referee being assaulted. Numbers have been massively cut and they just don't have the resource to go after low level potential offences like this. Even more so as they spend half of their time policing the ever growing number of protests in the UK.

It doesn't work like that in England. For them to submit a report to the Crown Prosecution Service they have to fully investigate it, the CPS won't agree to proceed with a prosecution unless there is clear evidence they have a chance of a guilty verdict. The police won't investigate a referee being insulted, they don't always investigate a referee being assaulted. Numbers have been massively cut and they just don't have the resource to go after low level potential offences like this. Even more so as they spend half of their time policing the ever growing number of protests in the UK.
to be fair to them, someone went around and had words with him, which surprised me! Happy with that to be honest and the FA dealt with the rest so all good as far as I'm concerned. Also, can't fault my local CFA, they were absolutely outstanding with me!!

I had my first OFFINABUS for discriminatory (homophobic) language this weekend - not toward me, but toward an opposition player.

I filled out the relevant misconduct form on WholeGame, but how/where would I complete an extraordinary report?

I had my first OFFINABUS for discriminatory (homophobic) language this weekend - not toward me, but toward an opposition player.

I filled out the relevant misconduct form on WholeGame, but how/where would I complete an extraordinary report?
You are supposed to do it on Whole Game at the same time as your cautions etc. The extraordinary reports are the last thing it asks for on there in 'Misconduct'.

Had my hearing today, bloody awful. Player was allowed to directly ask me about my evidence, despite the booklet I was sent in advance saying this wouldn’t happen.

Had I known that would be allowed to happen I would’ve declined to participate but there we go. An hour of my life made **** for no good reason.

Had my hearing today, bloody awful. Player was allowed to directly ask me about my evidence, despite the booklet I was sent in advance saying this wouldn’t happen.

Had I known that would be allowed to happen I would’ve declined to participate but there we go. An hour of my life made **** for no good reason.
Awful to hear mate.

I don't understand what angle they can argue it from.

So in line with what we are taught you raised it. As a neutral with no incentive to lie.

Last edited:
I don't understand what angle they can argue it from.
You misheard etc etc, it’s exactly the line that got them off last time I reported something because no player wants to be a witness for language like this because they don’t actually care because they all say it. It’s not like a lot of other slurs where most people think it’s wrong.

Back