A&H

Referee Match Wallet

Josh the referee

Level 7 Referee
I got an A&H one from my course but its not great for writing on (bit too flimsy), anyone got any suggestions or recommendations?

The Referee Store
The ones from Sporting Touch RA Shop are firm and think enough to write on. Maybe a bit bulky but you can't have it all.... and not all inserts fit in so you may need a pad to go with it

Do you reckon these would fit in it: https://besports.org/product/referee-match-day-pads-25-peel-off-sheets-per-pad/ ?

Slightly different but this is what I do..

I have laminated a standard ref sheet and I keep that in my pocket with my yellow card. I write on with a sharpie and it cleans off with deodorant and a cloth so reuseable. It’s waterproof as well. I don’t use a standard wallet as that sheet is sturdy enough to write on.

If it’s a yellow I’ll get the card and that out together and follow procedure. If it’s a red I’ll get the sheet out first follow procedure then show the red.

You may not wish to do it this way but hope this helps, personally I keep my cards separate from my wallet as I don’t want to get both red and yellow cards out all in one because if people see that it could cause further issues but each to their own!

Never been a notebook fan tbh (write on cards, usually) - however.

What I've done before and works well for me (in nice weather anyway)... I used to cut cardboard to the size of a folded matchsheet, and attach it with a keyring-ring bit. I'll take a photo if that makes no sense, I've been on the booze all afternoon 😂 😂 The cardboard from an A4 hard-backed envelope was perfect thickness (ooh err).

I use https://diamondfootball.com/referees-officials/deluxe-referee-wallet. The wallet itself is great, nice chunky cards, pouch for a coin and a clip for a pencil (which I tend to just leave in there as a spare).

The match cards it comes with are awful though, so put them into your "only use in case of emergency" section of your bag immediately and replace with something like https://therefereestore.co.uk/products/match-sheet-pads-sinbins-50-sheets and a power tank pen to help write in the wet.

Never been a notebook fan tbh (write on cards, usually) - however.

What I've done before and works well for me (in nice weather anyway)... I used to cut cardboard to the size of a folded matchsheet, and attach it with a keyring-ring bit. I'll take a photo if that makes no sense, I've been on the booze all afternoon 😂 😂 The cardboard from an A4 hard-backed envelope was perfect thickness (ooh err).
What do you do for red cards? I use a write on yellow card and then I write in my notebook for reds.

Reds get written on the white one.

(Using these: https://therefereestore.co.uk/products/write-on-range-bundle)

Mainly because getting the red out to write-on doesn't look/feel great, bit inflammatory. Would rather take the time to process it correctly, then back pocket, out it comes, off they pop.
I have some of them- I find them quite weak to write on by themselves. I also have some from the RefStop. The same problem. I find that they bend slightly and I don’t use them as often now- I just write in my notebook for reds.

I have some of them- I find them quite weak to write on by themselves. I also have some from the RefStop. The same problem. I find that they bend slightly and I don’t use them as often now- I just write in my notebook for reds.
Yeah, they're not great with a biro. Need a nice ink-flowy pen (or a clickable sharpie)

I had to revert to card stickers this weekend, my Refstop card just disintegrated (totally understandable due to the amount of rain, it’s only card after all) used with a power tank pen worked perfect. Had one on the red and would have had to just use if needed

It's getting more and more difficult to get a decent match wallet. The official sports wallets were always my go to, they were sturdy enough to write on but not too bulky like most of the ones that are available today.

Inside the wallet I just use an index card (packs of 100 from any good stationery shop for a few pounds) and then add a few lines to make a section for each team names, goals and cards.

I keep my cards separate from my wallet as I don’t want to get both red and yellow cards out all in one because if people see that it could cause further issues but each to their own!
I often see statements like this on here, but having used a match wallet for 25+ years I have never encountered an issue like that!

It's getting more and more difficult to get a decent match wallet. The official sports wallets were always my go to, they were sturdy enough to write on but not too bulky like most of the ones that are available today.

Inside the wallet I just use an index card (packs of 100 from any good stationery shop for a few pounds) and then add a few lines to make a section for each team names, goals and cards.

I often see statements like this on here, but having used a match wallet for 25+ years I have never encountered an issue like that!

Each to their own! I wonder why you rarely see premier league refs keep their cards with a wallet.

Each to their own! I wonder why you rarely see premier league refs keep their cards with a wallet.
I’d guess because they can just take numbers and write them on the card.

Up until 10 or so years ago it was very common even in the premier league for referees to be using a wallet with cards in them.

Back