A&H

United v Wolves

The Referee Store
This is a nonsense again. They admit they made a mistake, but it was a vital point for wolves that was snatched from them. Once again VAR make a mistake at old Trafford in favour of United. Luckily I’m not a conspiracy chap, but just think VAR is failing again.

Can't wait to hear your opinion on the nail on penalty not awarded to Utd today
I wonder if the referee and VAR official involved will be stood down next week?
That's how it works right?

We know it's an absolute nailed on PK based on UEFA instruction. But after watching the PL for the past few seasons I have no earthly idea of PMGOL will consider it a clear error. What they consider handling in a situation like this has been all over the place.

They are being consistent with handling. I expected a penalty, but it was almost identical to the potential handling by Jackson last weekend. As long as they are consistent with iy I don't think there can really be any complaints.

I haven’t seen it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they got it wrong. I have no faith in VAR anymore. I think it gets result changing decisions massively wrong.

Not about this incident *specifically* but it’s the most recent example I can think about that’s being discussed on here…

Just wish we’d ever find out WHY a monumentally match-changing decision is given after VAR watch replay after replay of it.

Almost everyone I know has gone “well it’s clearly wrong” but haven’t heard/read either “whoops” or a “well, actually, if you look at Frame 1402 you can see…” from PGMOL or anyone.

I wondered if Webb was going to institute some parallel to the MLS's Week in Review that covers key VAR decisions each week with the opinion of PRO (the US Professional Referee Organization), which are quite good. I'm guessing he doesn't think the PL VAR process is ready for that level of scrutiny. . . .

Back