A&H

Watches

You're being deliberately obstinate. No, it doesn't tell you. You have to look at it. If you don't understand the advantage of that, there's really nothing I can say to help you.

As ever each to own but " having to look at the watch" cannot in any manner of means, in any country, in any game, be difficult.

The Referee Store

thats only relevant when you consider the same non award would be given at grass roots by Dave, in his first game.

i can see your example and raise you Olivers non award due to the gtl failing

or indeed Dean having multiple replays of Sundays violent conduct and not being able to deal with it correctly

I have a £20 Lorus as my main watch and the second is £3.99 from Decathlon. I replace the Decathlon watch every second season. I have never been let down by either although I am getting the battery changed in my main watch for the first time in 5 years. Not interested in heat maps, heart rate or anything else to be honest and probably couldn't justify the price anyway. If you can, fair play, each to their own.

As ever each to own but " having to look at the watch" cannot in any manner of means, in any country, in any game, be difficult.

Pompous much? Who said it was difficult? Just makes one thing that you don't have to think about. I did zillions of games before I had a vibrating watch, but I like knowing it will remind me. (At the same time, I would never use a watch that beeped at time.)

Whilst I agree that nothing more than a couple of £10 Casio’s is needed, I still use my Apple Watch and would always choose this with RefSix running for goals and timers (not cautions as I personally think you look a tit playing with your watch while administering discipline!).

Just because you can do something without technology doesn’t mean the tech is a bad thing.
We could all referee each week and survive just fine without this forum but we all still use it and learn from it.

Last edited:
I was once told by a supply league observer, and he wrote it in the report, that the number of times I looked at my watch towards the end of each half was unprofessional and demonstrated to everyone that I didn't really want to be there and couldn't wait to end the halves. Suffice to say that one was successfully appealed, biggest loads of codswallop I have ever been told. :)

I was once told by a supply league observer, and he wrote it in the report, that the number of times I looked at my watch towards the end of each half was unprofessional and demonstrated to everyone that I didn't really want to be there and couldn't wait to end the halves. Suffice to say that one was successfully appealed, biggest loads of codswallop I have ever been told. :)
Tbh when reffing supply league half the players are desperate for full time after 25 minutes and constantly asking me to look at my watch.

🚨 Thread Hi-Jacking alert 🚨
Rather than start a new one. As I don't need a sin bin timer anymore I'm looking at moving back to the Spintso.
Had to replace the batteries today, went without a hitch with the exception that the fresh out the box batteries went in and it's still showing the low battery alert, although the vibrate function is working 🤷 I confess I bought the cheap supermarket own brand but still wouldn't have expected them to be registering as low power straight away although I was accepting I might not get a full season from them!! Any ideas?? Is it the own brand that's the problem or anyone else had a similar problem?

Edit: have googled and allegedly there is a rest button that needs pressing. Not sure I ever had to do that before but will check next time they are due for change.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever used the Spinsto Retro Range and are they any good?
I’ve just got one. Used it over one game as I then went away on holiday for 2 weeks (coming back tomorrow ) and it seemed pretty good. I liked it. I also use my Apple Watch for Refsix which can seem a bit overwork but I didn’t mind it. The retro watch is confusing at first but I think if I can get use to it, it’ll be great.

I’ve just got one. Used it over one game as I then went away on holiday for 2 weeks (coming back tomorrow ) and it seemed pretty good. I liked it. I also use my Apple Watch for Refsix which can seem a bit overwork but I didn’t mind it. The retro watch is confusing at first but I think if I can get use to it, it’ll be great.
Have you got the White one? All the others are out of stock at the moment.

I have the retro pro. I like it, but it's a big old timepiece on my skinny wrists.
I've been using my Casio referee timer as it allowed me to switch to countdown timer for sin bins but moving back to Spintso as no sin bins in my games now.

I have to say for a C2 sin bin, this is the only time I use REFSIX for cards as it is excellent (especially if the SB is close to half time).
Just to add onto this, I use REFSIX as my main timekeeping watch as it’s good with my Apple Watch to see how much I run and you can track your movement (with the pro version). I have my trusty £15 Argos Casio as my trusted spare, which has come into use on the one occasion I didn’t notice that I forgot to charge my Apple Watch!! Think the Casio one’s battery will outlast me!

I have RefSix on Apple Watch and then the Spintso Pro. Using both in conjunction with one another without issue

I’ve actually just invested a hefty £9.99 for the Casio Classic from Argos to replace a more-complicated spare that I had for my second. For the second one I simply want a stopwatch as my backup in case the Apple Watch/REFSIX misbehaves.

Back