A&H

Watches

I have RefSix on Apple Watch and then the Spintso Pro. Using both in conjunction with one another without issue
I used the Sprintso Pro but really didn’t get on with it. Needs charging between uses and I find charging one watch enough hassle on its own. It is, however, a good watch, but felt it was overkill for me.

The Referee Store
Just a heads up for anyone, I've been using refsix on my garmin watch but in the last month or so I've had it crash on my watch a bunch of times during matches.
So much so that I've cancelled my refsix pro and sent in a refund request.
I feel like their garmin app is barely at a beta level.

Just a heads up for anyone, I've been using refsix on my garmin watch but in the last month or so I've had it crash on my watch a bunch of times during matches.
So much so that I've cancelled my refsix pro and sent in a refund request.
I feel like their garmin app is barely at a beta level.
If you have an older Garmin, it’s a beta version or a “lite” version. I bought a Fenix 7 last month and have used the full version. It works great. I use it for timing during games and enter my cards and goals after the game is done. But I’ve never had an issue since buying a new watch.

I like the sound of that if I ever come away from Apple Watch but are you saying it needs charging each game?
Yeah - I had to rely on my cheap backup when it ran out. Think it is a very clever watch - but I am too unreliable to remember to charge 2x watches for a match. Hence why I have a couple of cheap spares for WHEN (not if) I forget to charge my Apple Watch.

If you have an older Garmin, it’s a beta version or a “lite” version. I bought a Fenix 7 last month and have used the full version. It works great. I use it for timing during games and enter my cards and goals after the game is done. But I’ve never had an issue since buying a new watch.

Yeah I figured that, I just don't think they have put much work into the Lite version of the app and it seems to have a lot of problems.

Yeah I figured that, I just don't think they have put much work into the Lite version of the app and it seems to have a lot of problems.
I probably shouldn't have left it until 36hrs before my 1st match, but after a season with only one refsix hiccup my Garmin fenix 5 won't even connect with the new refsix lite app. I'll have to try some other apps

A shout out for this cracking little £7.99 watch from decathlon for those on a budget, sometimes simple is best.

Back