A&H

“off you pop”

The Referee Store
It's all about Dean
Shame it was effectively a wrongful dismissal, one which can't be appealed against despite a mistaken identity element

It's all about Dean
Shame it was effectively a wrongful dismissal, one which can't be appealed against despite a mistaken identity element
Don't think it was mistaken identity. Think Dean was looking at the feet rather than up high and saw (or thought he saw) a foul by Dunk that stopped a promising attack. You can absolutely debate that decision but not s situation where he simply picked the wrong player ....

Don't think it was mistaken identity. Think Dean was looking at the feet rather than up high and saw (or thought he saw) a foul by Dunk that stopped a promising attack. You can absolutely debate that decision but not s situation where he simply picked the wrong player ....
Yup, that's why I added the 'element' clause
The dismissal was a mistake however it was arrived at. Takes the sheen off of, 'off you pop'
Dean was one of the very best. I've just grown long in the tooth with him; hence my insolent view of this phrase when used as an accompaniment to a mistake

Yup, that's why I added the 'element' clause
The dismissal was a mistake however it was arrived at. Takes the sheen off of, 'off you pop'
Dean was one of the very best. I've just grown long in the tooth with him; hence my insolent view of this phrase when used as an accompaniment to a mistake
dean.jpg
Big Dog!! :angel: 1 @Big Cat 0 :smoke:

I can see why he gave Dunk the first yellow. The attacker was fouled by another defender but Dunk took a swipe too. Seemed a bit harsh but certainly not wrong. I still think Mike Dean's up there with the best of them.

OK, had my grumpy head on last night :meh:
The SPA for Dunk was wrong. That was a 'given'

QPR v Wigan April 2013

Phil Dowd: Zamora - over here
Bobby Zamora: WTF, I didn't to.......(hand to ear listening to comms)

Bobby - you're off son! (where's the biscuits?)

Back