A&H

16/17 Nike Kit - Shallow Pockets

YorkshireReferee

Noticed this mentioned elsewhere and it clicked with me as it's something I've experienced but not made the link. Just as a warning to anyone who has gotten or getting the new Nike kit, the short front pockets are very shallow and things are likely to fall out of them. I usually keep my book in there and every game so far it has fallen out, I've had to take to putting it in my shirt pocket which I dislike and I also keep reverting to putting it in my shirts, hard habit to get out of.

Even worse, I seem to have a lost a set of cards so hoping they don't fall out! I suspect @Darius has nabbed them since he was mentioned to me not so long back that he had lost his spare cards!

The Referee Store
Make sure you raise this with Nike (through the retailer or direct). I have heard the same from a number of referees this season, stories of numerous objects falling out of pockets, if you don't tell them they will not change it.

I'm really glad I read this thread, because I thought I was losing the plot! I thought the pockets were different to last year but none of my colleagues have agreed so far! I haven't lost anything yet but I've been a bit paranoid that I will.

Amazed that there is no trial with the kit where someone tests it out in an actual game.

I'm really glad I read this thread, because I thought I was losing the plot! I thought the pockets were different to last year but none of my colleagues have agreed so far! I haven't lost anything yet but I've been a bit paranoid that I will.

Amazed that there is no trial with the kit where someone tests it out in an actual game.

I was the same, I read it elsewhere and it made me realise it wasn't just me. I didn't notice the pockets were shallower until someone said but I definitely noticed my book dropping out every game.

Can't say I had noticed the pockets being any shallower, although the openings are definitely wider than they were before. Haven't had anything fall out of them yet (that I'm aware of, anyway!)

Pockets are shallower and the Velcro tabs on the shirt pocket.....or should I say lack of Velcro is very apparent from the previous shirt.
Clearly Nike don't care as they are only looking after the top end of the tree who don't have to pay for their own kits and are given every colour and probably more than 1 of each!
There is no way the tabs will last the season so feel a proper moaning email may be on its way to Nike uk!!

The Vale of Glamorgan Referees Society have just acquired their new sponsored Nike kit. After getting permission from the FAW to have our sponsors logo on the arm we were in a position to fund everyone with their kit for 2016-17. No one has moaned yet other than the shorts are on the large side.

Looks great when everyone turns out in an identical kit! As does everyone wearing the sponsored polo shirts & warm-up tops.

The Vale of Glamorgan Referees Society have just acquired their new sponsored Nike kit. After getting permission from the FAW to have our sponsors logo on the arm we were in a position to fund everyone with their kit for 2016-17. No one has moaned yet other than the shorts are on the large side.

Looks great when everyone turns out in an identical kit! As does everyone wearing the sponsored polo shirts & warm-up tops.

It will depend where you naturally keep certain pieces of kit. I keep my book in my right short pocket.

This is a little upsetting to hear - I've recently ordered a new pair of shorts, with the plan being to relegate my old pair to warm-up/spares. Looks like the fancy new ones might become the spare if I have the same problem.

And to prove the point about the pockets Mr Stroud lost his yellow card from his today at QPR!

PS Shocking yellow card 2nd half Keith, it wasn't even a foul!:eek:;)

I'd moved away from using my shorts to keep stuff in last season, but decided to go back to a note book with yellow in right short pocket and red in back shorts pocket.

I didn't twig at the time but almost lost my yellow last week when it fell out of my pocket during a quick break. Luckily the ball went out for a throw so I could retrieve the card.

I don't think the pockets are shallower but the opening is wider, which I'm sure I saw mentioned somewhere as a specific improvement to make it easier to get stuff out.

I forgot to order spares. So I borrowed a red and yellow for a game (top pocket for 2nd yellow). Forgot to give them back.

Then I didn't put match book back in my bag and the AR gave me his spare which had 2 yellows in it. Again forgot to give them back.

I didn't mean to do it!

I forgot to order spares. So I borrowed a red and yellow for a game (top pocket for 2nd yellow). Forgot to give them back.

Then I didn't put match book back in my bag and the AR gave me his spare which had 2 yellows in it. Again forgot to give them back.

I didn't mean to do it!

Who did you nab the cards off?

I didn't mean to do it!
are you trying to put ross out of buisiness lol still i suppose it meant the other referees had to buy more supplies

I pre ordered a set of the new Nike kit in July, I had no issues whatsoever with the shorts or the pockets.

I then ordered another new set of ket which arrived a couple of weeks ago, I've worn the shorts twice and on both occasions my note book has fallen out......not impressed......

Haven't had any problems with the kit - saying that I rarely use my front pockets! Notebook shirt right, yellow shirt left, red short back. I have noticed there is a bit of a difference though between this seasons and last seasons.

Back