A&H

1st game - U15 friendly

Chrisb

Level 7 Referee
So, I had my first game today which was an under 15s friendly. There was literally 5 fouls on the game which I gave. Is this normal? Game finished 8-3. I had club officials running the line but, they seemed no use nor ornament. Almost gave a penalty as there was a handball by defender but, the ball flicked up his arm. I was blind sided and allowed play to continue. Got a little moan by manager.

Got a few lads at the end saying I did well but, I feel my positioning for the possible pen was ****e.

Got my 2md game tomorrow, open age friendly.

Any pointers?

Thanks

The Referee Store
If you are satisfied that you did ok, bar some positioning, thats more than ok, positioning comes with experience, and, comes with its share of luck too

low foul count it happens, same as the polar opposite sonetimes, many fouls

keep enjoying, keep self reflecting, keep learning

The beauty of football is no 2 games are ever the same, so don't concern yourself about the foul count or lack of it. During my last season as a referee, I did an u16s league game where both teams turned up to play football and as a result there wasn't single foul in the entire game. By stark contrast, the previous week had u13s, who straight from kick off were intent on kicking each other off the pitch!

Friendlies tend to have low foul counts and can be that easy. You learn from every match, but well done on your 1 match.

Back