A&H

2020/2021 season registration. Wait?

Stagley

Level 6 Referee
Hi all. Registration time is upon us now and I'm thinking of holding off. Not convinced local football will even go ahead this season. Looked but cant find any info. If I register and pay and the season doesn't go ahead I'm thinking have I wasted my money? Before I get the "it's only £...." I'm furloughed n brassic so if I can save £20 at this time I will. Was thinking of treating my self to new kit this season but hey ho!

The Referee Store
Cornwall FA announced yesterday that registration is free for next season. Wondering if other CFA’s will follow suit

Middlesex have sent out a reminder that it opens tomorrow. We're getting free insurance.

Find it hard to believe that there won't be any 'local' football for another 12 months - very unlikely that scenario, but of course that's only a personal opinion/guess!

Anyone else had this error and know how to fix it?

Attachments

• B0A14473-308A-42C8-BAA8-6354326B5AA0.png
    B0A14473-308A-42C8-BAA8-6354326B5AA0.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 27
Could it be that our FAs don’t want us to register yet or is it a general WGS problem?

It’s still not working for me... I have contacted my CFA will let people know what they say

Wise decision to wait until the next few days before trying - although mine was based on the weather, not (un?)expected IT problems!

Registration in Wales isn't open for three weeks.

£20 fee, £30 if you're late signing up. There was something about a possible delayed start to the season, but I think with everything ongoing it's play by ear at the moment?

It’s should be sorted now, my CFA raised it with the FA and their IT sorted it so it should be available now

Yes, all is sorted now. I work closely with an RDO of a major CFA, and we tested it out this morning and were able to register. Other referees in the county have been successful. If there are any technical issues, do flag to your RDO/RDM, who will escalate to FA IT.

I'm going to have to move later this year (could easily have been mid-move by now if not for lockdown!) and will be moving CFA's as part of that. Suspect I'm going to put refereeing on pause until I'm settled in the new house, what with having to find a house, sell ours and manage all the associated paperwork, so it could easily be next year before I pick my whistle up again. Is there any point registering with Essex again, or is it more sensible just to wait until I've moved and then get in touch with my new CFA?

I'm going to have to move later this year (could easily have been mid-move by now if not for lockdown!) and will be moving CFA's as part of that. Suspect I'm going to put refereeing on pause until I'm settled in the new house, what with having to find a house, sell ours and manage all the associated paperwork, so it could easily be next year before I pick my whistle up again. Is there any point registering with Essex again, or is it more sensible just to wait until I've moved and then get in touch with my new CFA?

Register, you might want to get back to it quicker than you think. Registration can be transferred across counties if you move mid season

May be absolutely pointless either way, I can't see anyone picking up a whistle until there is some form of vaccine. How can you possibly have close contact football without the top football model of isolation and testing. Without that any lawyer would have your (the FA's) guts for garters....Feet up boys!!!!

May be absolutely pointless either way, I can't see anyone picking up a whistle until there is some form of vaccine. How can you possibly have close contact football without the top football model of isolation and testing. Without that any lawyer would have your (the FA's) guts for garters....Feet up boys!!!!

That's very unlike you SF!;) There were plenty of incurable and infectious diseases around before all this started. Risk part of stepping outside your front door - always has been, always will be.

I heard a great quote the other day, its not derived from the modern day, but so apt - " Ships are safest in harbour, but that's not what ships are for"

I'm off to WGS now to register!

Email came around today from a step seven league. There seems to be a rumour that it could be a December start. Just a rumour of course

That's very unlike you SF!;) There were plenty of incurable and infectious diseases around before all this started. Risk part of stepping outside your front door - always has been, always will be.

I heard a great quote the other day, its not derived from the modern day, but so apt - " Ships are safest in harbour, but that's not what ships are for"

I'm off to WGS now to register!
I posted about our own impending UK lockdown and the eventual suspension of the Prem 2/3 weeks before it happened on a Blades Page and was shot down in flames then, but as you know, i'm usually right, it just takes the others time to catch up!!! ;) I wouldn't hold your breath on any local football at all this year, at the end at the very earliest, and possibly long after that too!!!

Last edited:
I posted about our own impending UK lockdown and the eventual suspension of the Prem 2/3 weeks before it happened on a Blades Page and was shot down in flames then, but as you know, i'm usually right, it just takes the others time to catch up!!! ;) I wouldn't hold your breath on any local football at all this year, at the end at the very earliest, and possibly long after that too!!!

I think the PL will be fine. They can afford to test and isolate themselves in hotels. Local football is another story. If we follow the trends if other European countries then we may well see a big drop in infections over the next few weeks, which imo will pave the way forward for amateur football before 2021. Changing rooms may remain locked etc but I think we will be able to get going. Once/if theres a period of very low new infections and day to day life has returned in terms of work and shops open etc (with SD of course) i cant see the reasoning for keeping amateur football off limits.

Back