A&H

6 a side

HertsFinest

Next Weeks Ref
Got my first taste of small sided games tomorrow night... Mixture of nerves and excitement. Will be a change.

Doing 3x 36 minute games as a favour for a colleague who is on holiday.

Will certainly be interesting!

The Referee Store
With your adherence to the LOTG I'd have thought you were used to 6 a side .. at least as your games get towards 90 minutes ;).

Best of luck, interesting to hear how it goes

There are loads of these leagues near me. I've always wondered about refereeing them, but do hear a lot of horror stories about the players. It does seem like a but of easy mid week money though.

I wouldn't do lesuire leagues, hear lots of horror stories here.

This is run by the county FA so hopefully slightly better!

I'm somehow on the Lesuire Leagues referee mailing list and get endless rubbish from them. I've heard similar stories. Generally being those players banned from Sunday league playing there.

Ah Leisure Leagues... that takes me back... "We are instead affiliated to UKIFF the United Kingdom and Ireland Football Federation, who take a tough zero tolerance stance on abuse, violence and aggressive behaviour."

Ergo you are unsanctioned.

Bargepole

Yep leisure leagues are a big no no. I only accepted it on proof via email from the CFA that it is a proper county one! Yellows and reds go into county so properly run!

I've just started refereeing my uni powerleagues... Players seem fine but they have some godawful rules!!

No OneTwo's with the keeper, not allowed in the area and not above had height to name but a few. I spend half the time trying to remember what happens in certain situations and have had no help from powerleague or my uni at all, simply got given a score sheet, a4 sheet of rules and told to crack on. No wonder theyre short of refs!!

Rant over.

Define head height?

The-Great-Khali-def.-Epico-and-Primo.jpg

I referee 6 a side every Monday night. 4 x 30min games for £30, nice extra bit of dosh! I find them okay, I have had none of these horror stories that I keep reading about...Yet! Considering I have only just started refereeing I think doing these games has given me a taste of what some open age games would be like. Rules of the league are pretty much standard except for some goalkeeper changes (Not allowed out of the area, underarm restarts) and players cannot switch the play from a kick in. With the games being played on a 3g pitch too, so if any of my games get called off at the weekend I can always rely on getting some form of referring done.

I used to do 'leisure leagues' 5-a-side for a short period.

I can vouch for some of the horror stories personally. This was part of the Powerleague chain and the way they used refs and treated them, along with the way players were allowed to treat them was despicable, hence no longer doing it again.

They used to ring me every single day pleading to do that nights leagues because they couldn't get anybody to do their games.

When I gave them the f-off card I told them a few home truths about exactly why nobody wanted to ref for them :D

You should be ok with a county run league though, the biggest problem was there was no sanctioning of this behaviour because although you could flash cards they didn't mean anything as none of the players were FA affiliated.

Obviously you won't have that issue!

Im sure i posted my horror stories from powerleague, if i cant find it. ill repost it later

I remember emailing leisure leagues about showing my interest to ref. Next thing they are ringing me saying they needed someone to run the particular league near me, so would involve collecting all the money, getting it paid in to their bank account etc, refereeing loads of games. It was a bit over whelming when I just wanted some info on the refereeing side, I didn't fancy running the whole thing!

I remember emailing leisure leagues about showing my interest to ref. Next thing they are ringing me saying they needed someone to run the particular league near me, so would involve collecting all the money, getting it paid in to their bank account etc, refereeing loads of games. It was a bit over whelming when I just wanted some info on the refereeing side, I didn't fancy running the whole thing!

That is their business model, why spend money on admin when the referee can do it on site?

No wonder they are making profits now...

Thing was the bloke started telling me the money had to paid in within 48 hours or I'd get fined and such like. Pretty full on conversation seeing as I just wanted to know about refereeing!

Was actually rather pleasurable!

One red card for by far the worst OFFINABUS I've heard in my life, directed to an opposition player. Other than that was not bad for an evening

Back