A&H

8 games...

wazztie16

Level 4 Referee
Level 4 Referee
Starting on the 11th April, finishing on the 29th April. That's 19 days, if my calculations are correct?

The amount of games one team is playing in one of my local leagues.

I wouldn't like to be their best player after game number 7!

The Referee Store
Starting on the 11th April, finishing on the 29th April. That's 19 days, if my calculations are correct?

The amount of games one team is playing in one of my local leagues.

I wouldn't like to be their best player after game number 7!
Several in my area are playing Tuesday/ Thursday/Saturday to catch up, following weather postponements and Cup runs.
Those with home 3G are nearly finished.

A lot of clubs have "precious" ground staff who don't let the pitches be used if there has been any rain. One club in our league has only played one home game all season, and consequently will now be having to play midweeks to get all of their games played by the end of May.

There are teams in one of my leagues with as many as 12 league fixtures and up to 4 cup games left… going to be a struggle! Weather has been dreadful here. 3 of my 4 matches cancelled this week including a cup final and cup semi. Fingers crossed for some sun

February was dryer than average, but cold, (can’t remember the exact stat), but March has been the wettest in England since 1981, so can understand why plenty of games got cancelled this month.

(It (March) has also been one of (if not the) dullest on record - ie very little sunshine)

I must admit, having spent the season since Christmas either cold or wet or both, combined with a v sore foot (recovering from plantar fasciitis) the last few months haven’t been my most enjoyable with a whistle. Looking forward to some warmer days!

I get the tradition and all but when I played myself, here in England, I always found that pretty annoying that we have to suffer through rain, cold and mud in February when half the games are postponed anyways and then not play at all when weather is lovely that is in May in June. Weather wise these are probably one of the best months for football

Trying to get a promotion over the line, and every week my open age games get cancelled like clockwork.

I get the tradition and all but when I played myself, here in England, I always found that pretty annoying that we have to suffer through rain, cold and mud in February when half the games are postponed anyways and then not play at all when weather is lovely that is in May in June. Weather wise these are probably one of the best months for football
Yeah, but the vast majority of football pitches are turned over to cricket for those months.

Back