A&H

Added Time

Ben448844

RefChat Addict
I've got the week off so inevitably I'm spending some of it on the couch watching the World Cup.

One thing that's struck me is the surprising amount of added time being played. Forget the 14 mins in the first half of the England game, that was obviously for the lengthy stoppages for the keeper. But 10 mins in the 2nd half was utterly bizzare. In the Dutch game there was 8 minutes added on in the 2nd half which seemed an extraordinary amount. Just now there's been 4 mins added in the 1st half of the Wales game. If this was a PL or CL game I'd have expected 1 minute max.

Now if this is a cracking down on time wasting then I'm massively for it, but its safe to assume that this would probably have been communicated before the tournament.

It's surprising to say the least.

The Referee Store
It was communicated
Before the tournaments there is usually a big referee briefing. In this year's Collina said he wanted lost time properly accounted for including time lost to VaR checking and so on. He has said games with the ball in play for less than 45 minutes is unacceptable for the world cup

It was communicated
Before the tournaments there is usually a big referee briefing. In this year's Collina said he wanted lost time properly accounted for including time lost to VaR checking and so on. He has said games with the ball in play for less than 45 minutes is unacceptable for the world cup

Ah fair enough I missed that. The broadcasters clearly have too. Fantastic initiative though to be fair.

Back