A&H

additions substitution at half time/extratime

pankaye

Level 5 Referee
This scenario has been bugging me since I almost had it happen in a game recently..please help me work my way through it

Competition rules for this game

5 subs from 7 on 3 occasions not including half time. With an extra sub allowed if the game goes to extra time. No concussion protocol in this competition.

Q1. The team make 3 subs on 3 occasions in the first half due to injury. Can they make 4th substitution at half time? I think yes.

Q2. If the game goes to extra time, can they make a a further substitution (5th) in this case at the end of fulltime before extra time?

Q3. if they dont make that 5th sub at the end of fulltime does that mean they get two additional opportunities to substitute, one during extra time and another substitution the halftime of extra time?

The Referee Store
Q1. The team make 3 subs on 3 occasions in the first half due to injury. Can they make 4th substitution at half time? I think yes.
Yes

Q2. If the game goes to extra time, can they make a a further substitution (5th) in this case at the end of fulltime before extra time?
Yes, they could in theory make 2. Only consideration that is needed is if the additional sub comes with an additional opportunity.
Q3. if they dont make that 5th sub at the end of fulltime does that mean they get two additional opportunities to substitute, one during extra time and another substitution the halftime of extra time?
See answer above. Yes.

Any subs made in between intervals do not use up the opportunity count.

Back