A&H

Junior/Youth Another example of why I don't trust CAR's....

@CallumS "have you be roped in to do both halves?"

A key question for CAR's - I use "have you volunteered or have you been volunteered?" - I find those that volunteer typically do most of their team's games, and are more predictable than those that are simply given the flag and told to get on with it.

The Referee Store
Had the complete opposite to the original post yesterday.

Two fantastic teams and two fantastic CAR's. Up with the play, made some great calls and no complaints when I overruled them on a couple of occasions (easy mistakes to make, in fairness).

9 times out of 10 the manager will give me the flag and tell me to approach a huddled group of men, one of whom will do it after peer pressure from the others. These guys are honest and relatively useful.

1 time out of 10 the manager will point me to either an assistant coach or a parent warming up/training the goalkeeper. It is then that I am wary as these guys tend to be overly competitive which tends to be when any cheating occurs.

For the most part they are useful for me at least, I can't imagine having to call offsides myself. It's when they take it upon themselves to call fouls that I find them annoying.

As a rule YOU should not be approaching anyone. I always ask the manager to send their CAR to me at the same time and brief them at the same time. By approaching individually you open yourself to criticism from either as they could query what you have told the other and also it leaves you having to deal with individuals you do not need to

Back