A&H

AR report

Redref34

Level 5 Referee
I have been asked by the league to provide a report via WGS for an incident that happened after the final whistle with a player. He recieved a second yellow card - therefore a red. I was the senior AR

Would I put this under a dismissal or a misconduct report?

Thanks

The Referee Store
I have been asked by the league to provide a report via WGS for an incident that happened after the final whistle with a player. He recieved a second yellow card - therefore a red. I was the senior AR

Would I put this under a dismissal or a misconduct report?

Thanks
You shouldn't be asked to put in WGS reports for sendings off unless you were directly involved, i.e. you advised the referee to send the player off. You certainly shouldn't be putting them in for a second caution. Also not sure what it has to do with the league, they have no involvement in disciplinary issues.

I'd ask you RDO about their request, as it doesn't sound right to me.

Player refused to come back to receive the card just kept walking. That’s all I can think of.

Did anything happen after the 2nd yellow that the referee has reported?
Maybe talk to the ref to see... Seems highly unusual for a straight forward S7
Second this. Would absolutely speak to the referee. Something more, almost certainly, must have happened. There is little/no reason why the CFA would seek corroboration for a standard second yellow.

Sure I can only report what I heard and saw though?

If I speak to the ref and he reports something I would then by lying if I made it up to agree with him.

Sure I can only report what I heard and saw though?

If I speak to the ref and he reports something I would then by lying if I made it up to agree with him.
Do not think anyone here is suggesting you support the referee in something you didn’t see or hear.

That does not mean you could not offer supporting (circumstantial) evidence dependent on the context.

Example from one of my games. I was AR1 on a Step 5 game. Referee dismissed for OFFINABUS (40 yards away from my touchline). I didn’t see or hear the player say anything (referee sent off for verbals) but I was able to offer valuable supporting evidence surrounding the players body language and demeanour at the time of the dismissal. My report was well received and welcomed (by the disciplinary commission).

Entirely up to you, but I would still contact the referee to establish what precisely he has done and why. This will allow you to write a higher quality, and more accurate, report.

Thanks all. Have contacted the referee and will provide a report which has to be done by 5 this evening 👍

Back