A&H

Arsenal v Man UTD

The Referee Store
• Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed

Enjoy!
This retired referee says "CBA".....😃

Even a push has to be careless for it to be a foul. There is certainly no push there. The things you may be able to put this under is a careless tackle/challenge or a careless charge.

Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. This challenge does not qualify as careless for me. You have to remember all DFK offences can be done in a fair way with contact without them being an offence. Ball being in playing distance (may be considered but) is not a criteria for a fair or unfair challenge.
So you can trip, kick, strike or jump at an opponent in a fair way?

Can you be a bit more explicit please?
A quick example of each (things I've seen in the last 2-3 weeks either on TV or live in fact...)

Trip?

Running along turn, and the guy following you trips over your trail leg as you're running.

No offence, not even careless (well, maybe on your opponent's side... ha)

Kick?

Kicking the ball, catching part of the opponent's foot as they try to block it.

Typically no offence at all.

Strike?

Two guys going up for a header, one ends hitting the other guy's head as they hit the ball.

Offence? Not usually. Two guys injured and needing the trainer? Likely.

Jump at?

Same kind of thing as the strike.

I’m growing in the belief that football biased is so rife in the North West, some of their fans are so drunk on current or past success or just so awash with money they don’t care. This over-riding belief that the football gods should always smile on them or else it’s someone else’s fault is gnawing. What ever happened to unlucky or sh1t happens? Should we always be inundated on social media with this vitriol for their lack of success in any decision. As a referee we should all be able to detach from supporting a particular team and that any decision against you may be wrong or the ref never saw it or something else apart from it’s someone’s fault. Rant over... I’ll get back to supporting mediocrity!

I’m growing in the belief that football biased is so rife in the North West, some of their fans are so drunk on current or past success or just so awash with money they don’t care. This over-riding belief that the football gods should always smile on them or else it’s someone else’s fault is gnawing. What ever happened to unlucky or sh1t happens? Should we always be inundated on social media with this vitriol for their lack of success in any decision. As a referee we should all be able to detach from supporting a particular team and that any decision against you may be wrong or the ref never saw it or something else apart from it’s someone’s fault. Rant over... I’ll get back to supporting mediocrity!

Am basing my no pk not on the fact I happy for Man Utd to win but purely on who the ref was and my lack of trust in his decision making

Which, as you know from your own experiences, rings true, the players you referee develop a trust, or otherwise, in you, as much as they might not agree with it, they know you will have made the right call., or vise versa if they dont buy into you.

Mariner, Oliver, Atkinson, Pawson, Dean. maybe Taylor, I be like, ok, it sounds a soft pen but it prob was, Moss, East, Mason, I be like, it sounds a soft pen but it prob was not.

Perceptions and all that.

I think i have figured out why there is no real care about foul recognition or getting the sanctions right. It's the lack of care from the FA. So long as you can control the game you can pass as a to class referee. 3 out of 20 for application of law (foul recognition, correct sanction), 4 out of 20 for game control.

I think i have figured out why there is no real care about foul recognition or getting the sanctions right. It's the lack of care from the FA. So long as you can control the game you can pass as a to class referee. 3 out of 20 for application of law (foul recognition, correct sanction), 4 out of 20 for game control.

Where I am, you score 18 for fitness, bonus point if you are a teacher or lawyer.
Getting the right decision is secondary to does the guy fit the referee mould.

Reactions: one
I don't think that's unfair, but I do think you have to consider how referees are assessed up to that point. Below level 3 (possibly higher), you're being assessed by one guy stood in a particular point on the side of the pitch. He's able to work out if you were in a sensible position, and work out if you understood the decision you made, but 99% of the time, he won't be in the correct position to accurately assess the quality of the decision.

And even above that where games are often filmed, you pretty much have to have already got to SG2 before enough camera angles will be available for the observer to be able to accurately judge if you were "right" or not. Right up and down the pyramid, things like control, position and understanding are easy to assess, where "accuracy" is not. Therefore, you pretty much have to expose a referee to Sky's cameras before you can conclusively work out if he really knows what he's doing!

That's only at 5-4. Between 4 and 2B 40% of the overall mark is for application of law and decision making and accuracy, with a further 20% of the overall mark being for match control.

Reactions: one
Back