A&H

Aston Villa v West Ham

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Interesting events in the 50th minute.

Forearm smash by Hause (no action taken, except advantage), and play continues where Konsa takes out Bowen (I think it was) on the edge of the area.
Ref has clear view to show it was a DOGSO but issues a safe yellow.

VAR now looking at two incidents for possible red cards.

First one with Hause. I would love to have seen the ref sent to monitor for this one, I felt it was dangerous play with the arm by Hause.
Konsa was an easy red and rightly suggested by VAR for red.

Would've been a first I imagine for 2 reds for 2 separate incidents seconds apart.

The Referee Store
Aye SFP not seen by the Ref, not re-refereed, SPA in full view of the Ref, subject to the full Re-Reffing treatment
Neither of which should've gone to VAR IMO. Certainly not an 'Obvious DOGSO'. Load of &^%**

Thought it was a very clear and obvious dogso tbh

No covering defenders, control, direction, distance all OK. Very surprised it wasn't given in real time

Well, THIS sounds like a very worthwhile watch on MOTD2 tonight!! Probably enough material for a whole season's training in one game 😉 Particularly want to see the melee at around 80' 🤔

On first look at the Konsa challenge yellow looked ok; one look at the replay and it’s an definite red.

Hause should’ve been referred, absolutely. That’s designed to take the player out with no intention of playing the ball.

As for the melee, something and nothing. Two ridiculous overreactions my Villa players during it. The 1,032 rolls by the Villa player were a clear indication that it was yellow. Meanwhile the yellow for the shove was also appropriate despite the player throwing himself to the ground hard enough to trigger seismology sensors.

Ok - I’m being deliberately over the top with my descriptions but the point is there. It’s two cynical attempts to get opponents sent off because you’re down a man already. Tough situation to manage psychologically, but very well handled.

Just waiting now on Dean Smith’s TV tantrum because his side lost.

On first look at the Konsa challenge yellow looked ok; one look at the replay and it’s an definite red.

Hause should’ve been referred, absolutely. That’s designed to take the player out with no intention of playing the ball.

As for the melee, something and nothing. Two ridiculous overreactions my Villa players during it. The 1,032 rolls by the Villa player were a clear indication that it was yellow. Meanwhile the yellow for the shove was also appropriate despite the player throwing himself to the ground hard enough to trigger seismology sensors.

Ok - I’m being deliberately over the top with my descriptions but the point is there. It’s two cynical attempts to get opponents sent off because you’re down a man already. Tough situation to manage psychologically, but very well handled.

Just waiting now on Dean Smith’s TV tantrum because his side lost.'
'On first look the Konsa challenge looked yellow'. You said it, not me!
I can't be bothered with the DOGSO argument for and against TBH...
What Referees consider to be an OGSO is not what everyone else sees as OGSO. The re-reffing is just a side show... or should I say $#@! show

Last edited:
What about the WWE neck slam by Target (I think) in the lead up to the 3rd goal.

If that wasn't endangering the safety of a player what is? Could have a snapped his neck!

What about the WWE neck slam by Target (I think) in the lead up to the 3rd goal.

If that wasn't endangering the safety of a player what is? Could have a snapped his neck!
Yes, ultimately, we see it week after week, the referees don't really have a good understanding of the game... or quite likely, they're following bad instructions from their employers, local FA's, Confederations and ultimately FIFA (and the less said about that lot, the better)

FWIW, whilst the Referee could've considered this a DOGSO in real-time, the direction of play (towards an acute angle and the Goal Line) means VAR has no place re-reffing it
WRT the SFP, the 'Assistant' part of the VAR acronym was relevant because the Referee didn't get a good view, unlike the tele cameras
Even then, it doesn't fit with the light touch we been misled (again) by

I wonder how many RCs the R's have issued this season (themselves), as compared with how many are the product of re-refereeing

Dissapointed the VAR never sent Chris to the monitor for both incidents, if he only played advantage and did not issue any card, he must not of seen the elbow to the face properly surely? Can only assume the VAR did not think it was a red card in his opinion therefore no clear and obvious error?

I thought the DOGSO-R was really soft - the slightest waft of arm on shoulder - and I would have bee much happier if the ref had come back for the forearm smash - which was arm as a weapon and RC IMHO.

I was anyway glad I tuned in for that one. West Hame players were getting out of control. The ref did handle the handbags very well I thought. But there was quite a bit of low level dissent from the players. Prem refs seem very much minimum interference now but I'd love to have seen him give a couple of players a piece of his mind earlier on in the game and really take control.

FWIW, whilst the Referee could've considered this a DOGSO in real-time, the direction of play (towards an acute angle and the Goal Line) means VAR has no place re-reffing it
WRT the SFP, the 'Assistant' part of the VAR acronym was relevant because the Referee didn't get a good view, unlike the tele cameras
Even then, it doesn't fit with the light touch we been misled (again) by

I wonder how many RCs the R's have issued this season (themselves), as compared with how many are the product of re-refereeing

Disagree, without the foul Bowen, a left footed player, would have had ample time to cut back onto his left one on one with the keeper. Its a nailed on DOGSO for me, I use the left footed example but I'd be saying the same if was Antonio that was fouled.

Just waiting now on Dean Smith’s TV tantrum because his side lost.
Just listened to Dean Smith then, he said red for Hause but not sure about red on Konsa, and tbh i agree with him

I thought the DOGSO-R was really soft - the slightest waft of arm on shoulder - and I would have bee much happier if the ref had come back for the forearm smash - which was arm as a weapon and RC IMHO.

I was anyway glad I tuned in for that one. West Hame players were getting out of control. The ref did handle the handbags very well I thought. But there was quite a bit of low level dissent from the players. Prem refs seem very much minimum interference now but I'd love to have seen him give a couple of players a piece of his mind earlier on in the game and really take control.
It was a clip of the ankle

The direction of play at the specific moment of the foul is irrelevant and has been for several years now. The law only requires that the "general direction of the play" be considered.

Disagree, without the foul Bowen, a left footed player, would have had ample time to cut back onto his left one on one with the keeper. Its a nailed on DOGSO for me, I use the left footed example but I'd be saying the same if was Antonio that was fouled.
The 'nailed on' bit is where I think you're wrong. I won't argue black and white against DOGSO, but I will argue that black and white arguments are misplaced in these judgements. The polarity of language only serves to try and win an argument that can't be won
Like I say, the Referee's mentality WRT this incident, is out of touch with the wider football community

Last edited:
Back