A&H

AVL MCI

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Coutinho just smashed in a goal, 80th minute, flagged offside, replays show he was clearly onside.

Once again this season, result changing major error from officials with VAR ineffective.

The Referee Store
There was a good second or two before the strike and ederson didn't try stopping it...may have been flying in regardless mind

22 seconds over the 4 added played despite a sub and plenty of time wasting by villa...do one thing or the other prem refs ffs

There was a good second or two before the strike and ederson didn't try stopping it...may have been flying in regardless mind

22 seconds over the 4 added played despite a sub and plenty of time wasting by villa...do one thing or the other prem refs ffs
Ederson didn't even bother as the whistle went a few seconds before. He would have saved that comfortably.

Annoying, but play was going away from goal so you can understand why the assistant raised his flag.

When everyone wants fewer delayed flags then situations like this are bound to happen.

Exactly, in the days before VAR the referee followed the right protocol but now we just expect referees to ignore their linesman just incase there is a possible goalscoring chance.

It's unfortunate he was onside but it happens.

It was off the bar and in.

A team scored a goal and did not commit offence. Travesty.

Wasn't in the corner though. Need to see behind the goal to see how close he might have got to saving it. He certainly would have tried harder to stop it had the whistle not gone

It was bizarre how comms said immediately that it was a good decision. I thought I was seeing things!

Wasn't in the corner though. Need to see behind the goal to see how close he might have got to saving it. He certainly would have tried harder to stop it had the whistle not gone

It was bizarre how comms said immediately that it was a good decision. I thought I was seeing things!
The comms here said how could it be offside since the ball went backwards.

Seen a good angle, it was actually deflected by a defender turning away from it, after the whistle and then when almost down the middle. Mahrez, the closest player to the ball also stops closing down before the shot. Wrong decision sure, but not a guaranteed goal

During Covid, Shelvey ran half the length of the pitch with flag in air to score past a GK who didn't try at all. Goal allowed cos flag was wrong. Think it was against Everton

I'm on a ferry over the Bay of Biscay and just assumed I'd imagined this offside due to waves getting bigger etc... Brittany Ferry has SkySports!!!

A total and utter shambles

Last edited:
During Covid, Shelvey ran half the length of the pitch with flag in air to score past a GK who didn't try at all. Goal allowed cos flag was wrong. Think it was against Everton

I'm on a ferry over the Bay of Biscay and just assumed I'd imagined this offside due to waves getting bigger etc... Brittany Ferry has SkySports!!!

A total and utter shambles
It was against Sheff Utd. I was watching the game with my son. (I'm a NUFC fan). Apparently the ref said before the game that any close calls he was going to let play continue and let VAR sort out. That's why Shelvey continued his run and scored then running back to the halfway line signalled to the referee to check as he knew he was onside.
I thought it was harsh but if the ref did say that then fair enough.

It was against Sheff Utd. I was watching the game with my son. (I'm a NUFC fan). Apparently the ref said before the game that any close calls he was going to let play continue and let VAR sort out. That's why Shelvey continued his run and scored then running back to the halfway line signalled to the referee to check as he knew he was onside.
I thought it was harsh but if the ref did say that then fair enough.

balderdash. If the ref said that, he‘s abdicating his duty. VAR protocol demands an on field decision. a ref who says he’ll let VAR sort it out shouldn’t be doing games. That said, it’s a basic premise that the flag is for the R not the players and the players should play to the whistle. But once the flag goes up, either the R has to overrule the flag, or he has to award the FK. Period. He can delay the whistle, but unless he is overruling the AR, once the goal scores, he should be awarding the FK (which, of course, VAR could overrule since the whistle wasn’t blown). And, at this level, Rs aren’t deciding what VAR protocols are at the game. They are what they are (and the players should be aware). I don’t think what the R said before he game makes an iota of difference as to whether this was properly handled.

Yes, the irony of that wasn't lost on me either 😂
Wasn't impressed with Mr Shearer calling Mr Salisbury 'inexperienced" either.

Yes, that was 'only' his 7th PL game, but where did he think he came from - Mars?

I'm obviously guessing, but he must have done at least 500 games and probably nearer a 1,000!

Wasn't impressed with Mr Shearer calling Mr Salisbury 'inexperienced" either.

Yes, that was 'only' his 7th PL game, but where did he think he came from - Mars?

I'm obviously guessing, but he must have done at least 500 games and probably nearer a 1,000!
You might be confusing Salisbury Junior (Michael) with Salisbury Senior (Graham).

Always chuckle at a pundit calling a new SG1 referee inexperienced as if they’ve just decided to be a ref to replace the latest 48 year old to call it a day.

Just the 40-odd matches each season for the last 15 years working their way to being promoted to the cream of the crop is it?

Same pundits all jizz their pants over a 17 year old making his debut.

Back