A&H

Bad weekend

The Referee Store
I think I did 70 odd one season at my most active, I did meet one FA superstar that did 7-10 a week!

Time of year?
Time of month for me?

Saturdays bounce game was ok but away team only laid off my back cos it was a friendly
Sunday am. U13, abandoned 26 mins when a parents ran on to threaten with "i will smash your f ing lights out you f_ing *****
Sunday pm, good end to end Ams until 80 mins, no pk call to home team, striker then picked up ball, booted it away, along with "you f ing idiot referee"
I took my time, decided I had to, binned, then his team lost 2 goals from 1 up to lose 2-1

Still, we move on!
Wow. Brutal weekend mate. Chin up just how it goes some days. We dont utilize sin bin here. So you yc and binned as opposed to rc for offinabus? Although it's in LOTG I've got zero familiarity with its usage

Good call on the abandonment. That is ridiculous.

Wow. Brutal weekend mate. Chin up just how it goes some days. We dont utilize sin bin here. So you yc and binned as opposed to rc for offinabus? Although it's in LOTG I've got zero familiarity with its usage

Good call on the abandonment. That is ridiculous.

The U13 was a parent on park with the threats. A shout is a shout but when its as it was, all bets are off and its home time. I would look incredibly naïve if I continued and he did carry out his threats, because afterall, he had given me warning he was going to do so.
The Sunday pm was adult and yes red card.

The U13 was a parent on park with the threats. A shout is a shout but when its as it was, all bets are off and its home time. I would look incredibly naïve if I continued and he did carry out his threats, because afterall, he had given me warning he was going to do so.
The Sunday pm was adult and yes red card.
I'm totally with you. Abandon all the way

Good for you for the RC. He earned it. Definitely offensive/insulting. Hits the 3 "P's " as I know them. Public, personal and provocative..... see ya later.

Hopefully next weekend is a breeze

Am fine with "that's a f-ing pen ref" or something like that....
or even something more sinister said quietly....
or, when I know, wait, I might have got that wrong, I don't condone it but I can understand his frustration

its not even a meaningful phrase tbh "your a f-ing idiot ref", because 99.999% of referees will not fall into that catergory, ever, if at all !!

I was more annoyed that my position was perfect and I had sprinted like mad to get there!

Last edited:
Geez, if i sent off for every swear word i'd of been a lonely man, learn your 'not acceptable' level and stick to it... Everyone is different so there's no point even discussing it without wasting sheets of text and still we wouldn't agree...

Geez, if i sent off for every swear word i'd of been a lonely man, learn your 'not acceptable' level and stick to it... Everyone is different so there's no point even discussing it without wasting sheets of text and still we wouldn't agree...

am fine (rightly or wrongly) with industrial language but when its personally attacking ME, then no can do. More than happy with "that's a f-ing pk ref", he can shout that as loud as he likes and am not caring.
Its not even the f word in his rant yesterday that was offensive to me, it was the idiot part!! With or without the added f word, I feel there is a decision to be made here. Adding it in just makes it an easier sell, esp when other players pipe up with "he cant talk to you like that ref", by not showing the red (or min yellow if u wish) then you are inviting all and sundry to react in the same manner !!

Back