A&H

Best Performance of 2021

Matthew

RefChat Addict
We all tend to be pretty negative on this section of the forum, so I thought I'd start a positive thread to end the year. What's the best refereeing performance (either live or on TV) that you've seen this year?

I'll start and for me it has to be Jarred Gillett in the Brentford v Bournemouth play off second leg in May. It was posted on here at the time if I recall correctly, but he nailed every KMI and was in complete control of a really feisty/challenging game.

Honourable mentions to Anthony Taylor for the way he handled the Christian Eriksen incident during the Euros and to Sian Massey-Ellis for once again being the best in the business.

The Referee Store
You’re all wrong. It was an open age game in November, AFC Millbrow vs Runcorn Town. Ended up 0 0, every decision spot on, just felt good, was on 3G pitch so covered 2 marathons and I know it was best performance of the season because the players from both teams told me so! The rest of the season was decidedly average

Not 2021 but was so good I have to mention it.

Mark Clattenburg - QPR v Wigan - Play Off Semi Final 2nd leg.

He was superb that night, never seemed to be very far from the action and every decision spot on.

Not 2021 but was so good I have to mention it.

Mark Clattenburg - QPR v Wigan - Play Off Semi Final 2nd leg.

He was superb that night, never seemed to be very far from the action and every decision spot on.
😒😒 I can go off someone

Back