A&H

Blackpool vs Solihull

JoeMaloney5

Level 7 Referee
Don't think there was a thread on this game but but if there is feel free to take this down.

Personally I think both pens shouldn't have been pens but I can see why the first one was given as I though it was a pen until I saw the replay from a different angle.

Then in my mind I want to say that he should've give a pen right at the end which he didn't (I don't know if it's a bit soft though)

Thoughts?

The Referee Store
It's only when we see the replay from another angle (from that of the ref), do we see that the Solihul pen was harsh
Blackpool pen was ok, although the contact was minimal. We never see referees give an IDFK for PIADM in the PA in such circumstances when there's no contact

First pen you can argue either way but I don't think I'd be giving that.

Second pen is slightly more convincing, though technically I'd prefer an IDFK.

Last appeal at the end (not given) is probably the most nailed on, shoulder into the front of the attacker.

First one looks a pen from referee's one and only view.

Second one would've been safer to give an IDFK, but am I the only one that thinks there may have been the slightest contact?

Thought the first was a pen....then got bored and didn't watch anymore so I'm going with the match official, second was a defo penalty too.......match record agrees too......

Whenever I ever watch anything like this and similar I always go with my first instinct, it's all well and good seeing all the angles and then coming on all holier than thou as you'd of done this or that.... Forget the replays, the ref and linos on TV don't get that luxury as we all know!!! Say what you first see!!!

Only seen the first one so far, first watch was thinking pen, replays, you can see he gets the ball, but doesn't help himself with hand on players back and movement into player, from behind, in the air, in the area. I'd be giving a pen based on first watch.

Onto the next clip...

Second clip, originally thought no pen, foot isn't high, head isn't low, intention was to clear the ball.

On replay, I'd be playing on.

Only seen the first one so far, first watch was thinking pen, replays, you can see he gets the ball, but doesn't help himself with hand on players back and movement into player, from behind, in the air, in the area. I'd be giving a pen based on first watch.

Onto the next clip...

Second clip, originally thought no pen, foot isn't high, head isn't low, intention was to clear the ball.

On replay, I'd be playing on.
Well thought out honest answers 👌

Back