A&H

Body Weight Training Plan Recommendations

zarathustra

RefChat Addict
I’m finally at the point where I am going to start working on my fitness with the aim to be ready to go for the first game of the 23/24 season.

I dislocated my kneecap again at karate last June, which kept me out all of the 22/23 season and severely denying my confidence (I.e. the worry that it’s going to keep happening) so I was concentrating on gym work, but it bores me to tears and I’m much happier when I’m out pounding the pavement (easier on busy schedule too).

Can anyone recommend anywhere I can find some good training plans for runners, preferably body weight stuff if possible

The Referee Store
Thanks I had a look at that.

I’ve decided that I will stick to the gym, whilst also working on my CV.

And when my studies finish in May/June I’ll have 3-4 months to get more work in on my running etc.

I would prefer following exercises
  • The Squat ( the kind of exercises that provides flexibility for your muscles )
  • The Lunge
  • Single Leg Deadlift
  • Plank
  • The Pull-ups
These are all considered good recommendations for runners and body weight. A stronger body maintains body balance and improves body posture and perfect physique.

If you're new to running or looking to ease back into it after your injury, the C25K program is a popular choice. It provides a structured plan that gradually builds your running endurance over a period of 9 weeks. You can find various C25K apps and websites that offer guided training plans. The Nike Run Club app offers a range of training plans for different running goals and skill levels. It provides personalized coaching, tracks your progress, and includes audio-guided runs and workouts. You can also find bodyweight exercises and strength training routines within the app to complement your running.
The Runners World website (runnersworld.com) is a valuable resource for runners of all levels. It offers numerous training plans, articles, and expert advice on running techniques, injury prevention, and strength training. You can find specific plans tailored to your goals, whether it's improving speed, increasing distance, or maintaining overall fitness. In addition, you can find healthy recipes that you might include in your diet: alfredo sauce recipe, general tso chicken, sweet potato fries, cabbage soup...
YouTube is a treasure trove of fitness content, including running workouts and bodyweight exercises. Some popular fitness channels like "HASfit," "FitnessBlender," and "The Body Coach TV" offer a variety of workout routines that can be done at home or outdoors. Search for keywords like "bodyweight running workouts" or "running strength training" to find suitable videos.

Last edited:
If you're new to running or looking to ease back into it after your injury, the C25K program is a popular choice. It provides a structured plan that gradually builds your running endurance over a period of 9 weeks. You can find various C25K apps and websites that offer guided training plans. The Nike Run Club app offers a range of training plans for different running goals and skill levels. It provides personalized coaching, tracks your progress, and includes audio-guided runs and workouts. You can also find bodyweight exercises and strength training routines within the app to complement your running.
The Runners World website (runnersworld.com) is a valuable resource for runners of all levels. It offers numerous training plans, articles, and expert advice on running techniques, injury prevention, and strength training. You can find specific plans tailored to your goals, whether it's improving speed, increasing distance, or maintaining overall fitness. In addition, you can find healthy recipes that you might include in your diet: alfredo sauce recipe, general tso chicken, sweet potato fries, cabbage soup...
YouTube is a treasure trove of fitness content, including running workouts and bodyweight exercises. Some popular fitness channels like "HASfit," "FitnessBlender," and "The Body Coach TV" offer a variety of workout routines that can be done at home or outdoors. Search for keywords like "bodyweight running workouts" or "running strength training" to find suitable videos.
Thanks AI ;)

Back