A&H

Bournemouth v Liverpool

Kinsleyr

When is a foul not a foul and when do VAR get involved? This incident was not a foul according to the ref or VAR. Nevermind the possible penalties that were missed in the second half on Jota and Clark.
GEb2opcXEAA62Ks.jpeg

The Referee Store
Particularly grates when compared to the Jones one earlier in the season. I didn't think that was red at the time, but we were told all the reasons why that decision was actually "correct": studs first, downwards force into shin, visible bucking of the ankle, and that the player being off balance due to a nudge from an opponent isn't considered mitigation.

I'm not a huge fan of the "X is the same as Y argument", but there are certainly a lot of similarities here and it looks like a bad miss from VAR.

I was watching live and was amazed Andy Madley wasn't asked to go and have a look. There wasn't any intent, but it was high, had significant force and clearly bent his ankle. We know from seeing and hearing previous VAR reviews that this is something they look for, so I just don't know why this was ignored.

Back