A&H

Brentford v Forest

No they can't. I used to play in goal, albeit it reluctantly, if I said I wanted a 4 man wall and a 5th joined I would be marching out to physically remove the 5th player. Although I agree Hudson-Odoi could have done something more useful like pick up an opponent in the box.
That's you..
But not all keepers would do that.
If he (Hudson-Odoi) felt he wanted to be involved more, he could have joined that wall last second (IE after whistle blown and before Toney kicked the ball. Imagine Toney being put off by the last second add to the wall after whistle is gone, adding confusion and striking it at Hudson-Odoi).

The Referee Store
That's you..
But not all keepers would do that.
If he (Hudson-Odoi) felt he wanted to be involved more, he could have joined that wall last second (IE after whistle blown and before Toney kicked the ball. Imagine Toney being put off by the last second add to the wall after whistle is gone, adding confusion and striking it at Hudson-Odoi).
I'm pretty sure most keepers I've known would be the same. They control the wall from set up to the free kick being taken.

Not unlike how a defender will stand in front of the ball to prevent a quick free kick… I am waiting to see a defender stand on the touchline 2m from where the ball just went out - to “force” the taker to take it from the right place. I’m sure Jurgen is reading!

Can someone explain how a top level referee marks a wall for 6-7 yards instead of 10?
Clearly can see the shades of grass are approximately 6 yards each (3x in penalty area, 18/3=6).
Can also roughly make out where the penalty mark would be (12 yards) and that the edge of area is 18 yards (18-12=6).
So many things wrong in this free kick everywhere
1000008486.jpg

I'm pretty sure most keepers I've known would be the same. They control the wall from set up to the free kick being taken.
Well I was a defender and skipper, and if Hudson Odoi is gonna stand in no-mans land doing nothing i'd be telling him to get into the wall, irrespective of what my keeper thought and have the argument with the keeper about it after the match lol

Well I was a defender and skipper, and if Hudson Odoi is gonna stand in no-mans land doing nothing i'd be telling him to get into the wall, irrespective of what my keeper thought and have the argument with the keeper about it after the match lol
Looking at it again I'm pretty sure he was supposed to close the ball down if they took a touch, most teams will have a charger to do that and he was the only one placed able to do it.

Looking at it again I'm pretty sure he was supposed to close the ball down if they took a touch, most teams will have a charger to do that and he was the only one placed able to do it.
That's fine, stick the "charger" on the end of the wall, not away from the rest of the players.

yeah, probably. But you might aswell stick him at the end of the wall if nobody is out wide

Back