A&H

Can it get any worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
We've had similar incidents with female referees around here, although not with players this young. When doing kids' games, I find that 14 is the age that they start to get a bit more gobby etc. If he is like this at 14 then he's going to be a real handful when he gets older!

I understand what people are saying about it just being laddish behaviour and not really that bad, but I would not want one of my daughters subjected to this sort of behaviour. It is offensive at best. As James said, this is an offence so hopefully the police will get involved as well.
Flashing used to be the preserve of the dirty mac brigade and happened in quiet places. Now it's getting to be so normal that when it happens to a young female referee the adults on the sidelines don't have a go at him. They have a go at her for doing something about it!

He's received a 12 month ban
Good. Hopefully the club will be charged for the behaviour of their supporters as well.

Good that he’s got a ban but did half of the Twitterati need mobilising in disgust. Click bait scare journalism! It’s a minor offence at that age! ⛄

At 14, yes! Who hasn't done something totally stupid as a kid, yes, he's a prat but its hardly Jail tackle!!!

There's a difference between doing something stupid and exposing yourself in public! If a 14 year old doesn't know that's wholly inacceptable, then something has gone very, very wrong in their upbringing

There's a difference between doing something stupid and exposing yourself in public! If a 14 year old doesn't know that's wholly inacceptable, then something has gone very, very wrong in their upbringing

Adults have been exposing themselves in public for years as streakers etc, no one every says lets put them on the sex offenders register, some of the comments above are truly laughable, completely over the top. The ban is fine, jeez,

Adults have been exposing themselves in public for years as streakers etc, no one every says lets put them on the sex offenders register, some of the comments above are truly laughable, completely over the top. The ban is fine, jeez,

Yes they literally do, that’s exactly how the register works...

It's different to streakers, they are just exhibitionists, targeting no one in particular. This is someone who has intentionally exposed his genitalia directly to a female match official and then challenged her to perform a sexual act on him. If anyone cannot see that this is just totally wrong then I really do despair. His age may see him escape criminal proceedings, but if this was someone aged 16 or above I would fully expect to see them arrested and charged.

1, He didn't expose his JT, He dropped his shorts and shouted obscenities ..... Do your research instead of jumping to conclusions!!!! :cool:

..........The 14-year-old lowered his shorts during a youth match at Mestre, near Venice, after 22-year-old referee Giulia Nicastro awarded a corner.

In her match report Nicastro said that the teenager "started to undress, pronouncing vulgar insults of a sexist content," while fans hurled abuse at her over her refereeing throughout the match. The "unmentionable insults" intensified from a group of up to 20 fans of the youngster's club, Treporti, after she showed him a red card for his behaviour.

The Amateur League of Veneto imposed a year-long ban, which will be halved if the player attends an Equal Opportunities rehabilitation programme run by the local authority in his home own of Cavallino-Treporti, on the Venetian coast.

He was also barred from attending matches during that time, Italian newspapers reported.

Nicastro recently shared a selfie with her Instagram followers of herself in a bright pink referee kit, with the caption: "REFEREE. Think, believe, dream and dare."

1, He didn't expose his JT, He dropped his shorts and shouted obscenities ..... Do your research instead of jumping to conclusions!!!! :cool:

..........The 14-year-old lowered his shorts during a youth match at Mestre, near Venice, after 22-year-old referee Giulia Nicastro awarded a corner.

In her match report Nicastro said that the teenager "started to undress, pronouncing vulgar insults of a sexist content," while fans hurled abuse at her over her refereeing throughout the match. The "unmentionable insults" intensified from a group of up to 20 fans of the youngster's club, Treporti, after she showed him a red card for his behaviour.

The Amateur League of Veneto imposed a year-long ban, which will be halved if the player attends an Equal Opportunities rehabilitation programme run by the local authority in his home own of Cavallino-Treporti, on the Venetian coast.

He was also barred from attending matches during that time, Italian newspapers reported.

Nicastro recently shared a selfie with her Instagram followers of herself in a bright pink referee kit, with the caption: "REFEREE. Think, believe, dream and dare."

That depends what article you read, for example this one (posted in OP) stated that he challenged her to perform sexual acts on him.

After the young referee awarded a corner kick, a 14-year-old from the opposing team did the unthinkable, lowering his shorts before challenging her to perform sexual acts on him

We also don't know what he had on underneath his shorts, but that is irrelevant. Even the act of dropping your shorts and then challenging a female to, or even suggesting, she performs sexual acts on him is at the absolute minimum sexual harassment.

All I will say, if he hasn't really done much wrong, a "minor offence" as you called it, why would he get a 12 month ban?
Given what you have to do to get anything more than a week, 12 months for a youth player should set off alarm bells the size of Big Ben.

Calm down, Donald.

It's not fake news because it did happen, it's just a question of what was said and how much he exposed of himself as there are differing reports.

All I will say, if he hasn't really done much wrong, a "minor offence" as you called it, why would he get a 12 month ban?
I've agreed with the ban hombre.....The Aussie report was their take on the Italian one which has clearly been embellished to fit their agenda! No one apart from them said he shows his JT, that's just poor fake twitterami journalism!!!

I've agreed with the ban hombre.....The Aussie report was their take on the Italian one which has clearly been embellished to fit their agenda! No one apart from them said he shows his JT, that's just poor fake twitterami journalism!!!
So a 12 month ban (probably equivalent to more than 12 violent conduct bans) is fine and you agree with it....but that's not a big deal? There's a bit of cognitive dissonance going on there - surely either the 12 months is correct because it's a big deal, or the 12 months is excessive because it's not?

So a 12 month ban (probably equivalent to more than 12 violent conduct bans) is fine and you agree with it....but that's not a big deal? There's a bit of cognitive dissonance going on there - surely either the 12 months is correct because it's a big deal, or the 12 months is excessive because it's not?
Its no big deal, and I'm not shocked by a pubescent boy being an absolute prat.... There has been a massive over reaction on here, .....sex offenders register, sexual assault, jail, WTF.... Do me a favour....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back