A&H

CAR vs CHE

The Referee Store
Really have no idea how he got that wrong, one of the worst non-offside decisions you are ever likely to see. All I can come up with is thought Niasse flicked the ball on rather than Alonso.

Chelsea fan...

The DOGSO as well... Fml... Officials had a game to Forget

There's at least a doubt on the DOGSO as there's chance the keeper was getting there before the attacker. No doubts on the offside though.

Reactions: JH
AR2 chucked the ref in the frying pan and Pawson obliged by leaping into the DOGSO fire
Thought Pawson choked on the latter. Takes bottle to send one of the big boys off and I'm confident it would have been a different outcome up tother end. I should add that I reckon I choked on a red card this morning, so Mr P doesn't have a monopoly, but then I ain't SG1

Actually Sky may have just cleared it up. After the corner was taken Eddie Smart moves down the touchline to get to the offside line and Willian moves with him. It looks as though Willian's position may well prevent him from seeing Azpilicueta.

Reactions: one
Dogso control was doubtful.

Offside, couldn't have missed who headered, they were the closet players to him. I can only guess he thought there was a (imaginary) defender on the post as there usually is in a corner. The more likelyhood answer is that he was daydreaming. Would have loved to see where he was standing. On the goal line still, or SLD.

What made it worse is that the attacker came from a further offside position just before the snap so it would have been even harder to miss.

Actually Sky may have just cleared it up. After the corner was taken Eddie Smart moves down the touchline to get to the offside line and Willian moves with him. It looks as though Willian's position may well prevent him from seeing Azpilicueta.
This is where he was as the ball came in. Surely The AR has to have more awareness on his position.

Screenshot_20190401-023245.jpg

Dogso control was doubtful
Doubt, but not enough. In the absence of a fairly cynical foul, the Cardiff attacker would have taken possession of the ball with an obvious opportunity to score. I haven't seen it again (but then i prefer real-time) as I've switched over to EFL Trophy, but I'd expect a red card at tother end

Doubt, but not enough. In the absence of a fairly cynical foul, the Cardiff attacker would have taken possession of the ball with an obvious opportunity to score. I haven't seen it again (but then i prefer real-time) as I've switched over to EFL Trophy, but I'd expect a red card at tother end
I saw it real time first. Didn't think red. Then saw slow Mo and different angles and still didn't think red. Mind you, everything else was nailed on red but control was an issue.

I saw it real time first. Didn't think red. Then saw slow Mo and different angles and still didn't think red. Mind you, everything else was nailed on red but control was an issue.
Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning Mr P's integrity, I'm just imagining how mentally difficult it would be to send a Big Potato packing when there's ANY doubt at all. Doubt Colin will be as understanding

Reactions: one
I'm not convinced by DOGSO - ball not under control nor do I think it's that likely it would have been. Even then, still a fair bit of work to do to get a shot off, never mind it being an obvious goalscoring opportunity. I'm fine with a yellow there

This has been widely reported now.

However, Willian is tiny... it's a poor excuse unfortunately.

Attachments

• 7EF623B6-DCBC-4793-8284-DA796306F08F.jpeg
    7EF623B6-DCBC-4793-8284-DA796306F08F.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 42
  • E2FA5AD1-C6D5-4D79-B05C-4B16EB151F7A.jpeg
    E2FA5AD1-C6D5-4D79-B05C-4B16EB151F7A.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 41
Move don't lean.

We learn that, right? If you find yourself (usually as a ref) leaning/stooping to see something, it means you are in the wrong place.
That's tough if you are supposed to stay in line. And the pics are great. But I still think you want a call here from one of the 20 best ARs in the country.

This has been widely reported now.

However, Willian is tiny... it's a poor excuse unfortunately.

Willian is 5'9", Eddie Smart is no bigger and has the disadvantage that he has his knees bent so is a lot lower.

It's still a mistake, and a big one at that, but it does go some way to explain how it happened. I was observing yesterday and a group in the row in front of me stood up and started hugging each other before one of them left and I missed a caution as a result. Made me look like a fool in the debrief as I'd missed a caution, but not really a lot I could do about it.

Will-I-Am.jpg
Every time I hear Wiilan's name, great player actually, another bloke with a similar name always pops into my head!!!

Stupid question, but why is he so far back from the touchline?

When a player is that close, stepping back is often a good move to allow yourself to see further back on the pitch, so the player isn't obscuring your view. Didn't work in this case but if players are ever running near me on the wing, stepping back a couple of paces really allows you to see down the line properly imo

Back