A&H

County Cup Finals 2017

The Referee Store
thank you! yeah a few people have said that, we've been announced and have our team meeting evening on the 13th Jan!

Well done Charlie.

As I haven't been able to ref Nov/Dec, don't think I have much chance this year.

Yes it is early, but not THAT early, think Middx CC "evening" is usually mid Feb.

Well done Charlie but how the feck do your County get to this advanced stage so early in the season? Do they only have 16 entries in the 1st round? They are at the round of 16 in my County after 3 rounds and that's without any postponements this season

i don't know what you have been appointed to but I am 100% certain that Essex FA has not released the county cup final referee list as they have not even appointed/done the draw for the quarter final in their county cups

i don't know what you have been appointed to but I am 100% certain that Essex FA has not released the county cup final referee list as they have not even appointed/done the draw for the quarter final in their county cups

I know several Essex FA referees who have been told they have cup final appointments. I can only assume they have appointed the officials before they know which teams are there.

I got all excited when I saw the subject header on this email "Cup Final Referees Evening" - sadly, as you will see, its generic:(

Good Afternoon Colleagues,

We are at that time of the year where we are approaching the business end of our Association cups. This means that appointments for the respective finals will be occurring in due course.

Any referee could see themselves appointed to a final and just in case you are appointed to a Final, I ask you to make a note of 24th February 2017. This is when our yearly officials’ cup final evening is due to take place. The evening will be compulsory for all officials appointed to a Final to attend and we expect everyone to treat the evening like a match appointment and close the date if not available.

The venue will be at Rayners Lane FC and the evening will be a chance for you to meet the team of officials that you will be working with on the day as well as as well as a development session that will assist you in your roles. We will also taking officials’ team photographs for the Cup Final programmes so it is important that you are present if you are appointed to a Final.

I finish by wishing you a merry Christmas and hope you have a happy new year

As I'm Essex based and haven't heard anything, I think we can take a solid guess that I haven't been given one! Not massively surprising to be honest - I managed one CC game and then had to pull out of the second one I was offered through injury, I think participation in the early rounds is a big factor in picking final officials?

Congratulations to all who have been appointed!

I've have just had the email that I also have been appointed to one!! Absolutely Buzzing! Congrats to you also mate and good luck!

Anyone know when London FA release theirs? Is there a criteria to be selected?

Can't see it being any time soon. Both RDOs have been made redundant and left in early December, and the incoming workforce development staff member who will deal with referees hasn't started yet.

I believe it is done by a sub-committee of the Referee's Committee who look at a number of factors but predominantly marks received from clubs in previous rounds.

Can't see it being any time soon. Both RDOs have been made redundant and left in early December, and the incoming workforce development staff member who will deal with referees hasn't started yet.

I believe it is done by a sub-committee of the Referee's Committee who look at a number of factors but predominantly marks received from clubs in previous rounds.
So if you haven't done previous rounds you probably won't be selected?

So if you haven't done previous rounds you probably won't be selected?
I think that's generally the case - early rounds given by a combination of league marks and availability, later rounds when the county can afford to be more selective will be given based on who was available for earlier rounds and who did well in those matches.

Back