A&H

County cups rules

Tom_R

Level 5 Referee
Got a county cup appointment involving step 7 teams who would have roll on subs in league games. This is in the rules for the competition (don’t want to interpret it wrong).
‘Five substitutes from up to five nominated to the Referee in accordance with Rule 11 below are permitted at any time other than to replace a player suspended from play by the Referee. A player who has been a substitute himself becomes a substitute and may replace a player at any time. All substitutions are to be carried out in accordance with the Laws of the Game.’

I understand this as 5 subs and players can return after being substituted.

The Referee Store
Got a county cup appointment involving step 7 teams who would have roll on subs in league games. This is in the rules for the competition (don’t want to interpret it wrong).
‘Five substitutes from up to five nominated to the Referee in accordance with Rule 11 below are permitted at any time other than to replace a player suspended from play by the Referee. A player who has been a substitute himself becomes a substitute and may replace a player at any time. All substitutions are to be carried out in accordance with the Laws of the Game.’

I assume rule 11 relates to a player who can take no further part, due to 2 sin bins, but can still be substituted?

Other than that yes, that is a return substitutions are permitted.

I assume rule 11 relates to a player who can take no further part, due to 2 sin bins, but can still be substituted?

Other than that yes, that is a return substitutions are permitted.
From reading that I would assume Rule 11 is referring to providing a teamsheet/subs' names to the referee X minutes before kickoff.

Spot on 👍

Rule 11 refers to the duration of the match. Rule 9 says that team sheets must be exchanged 45 minutes before kick off, so I’m not sure why this one states rule 11. The other cups’ rules state rule 9, so it should be the same.

But yes, the intermediate shield ( step 7) is the highest level Kent cup where return substitutes are permitted. Above that, such as the intermediate cup, it’s 3 subs from 5 named.

Back