A&H

CRO - BRA

The Referee Store
Was just typing exactly the same thing. Should have been made an example of, blatant attempt to cheat! Guessing referees have been told to ignore and wave it away. Anthony even had the nerve to complain! :mad:

Or a deliberate trick, like flicking it up to header...?

IDK I'm 5 glasses of wine in - don't count any of this as gospel. I'd look at the LOAF but can barely see this keyboard lol
I think we decided that it would also include kneeling to head a ball that was on the ground.

It popped into my head because I think the natural thing to do would have been to kick it back in this case, the use of a knee was definitely done "artifically" in order to avoid a pass back. But like I said originally, probably just about justifiable enough.

I think we decided that it would also include kneeling to head a ball that was on the ground.

It popped into my head because I think the natural thing to do would have been to kick it back in this case, the use of a knee was definitely done "artifically" in order to avoid a pass back. But like I said originally, probably just about justifiable enough.

That play was not at all what "trickery" is about. This wasn't a "trick," it was a smart play. Sure, he could have kicked it, but that isn't the standard.

Surely Neymar is the pachydermic presence in the anti-chamber here… Brazil are gifting the Crones possession by playing with ten… when he does have the ball he goes past one and loses it. And he’s obviously fat-faced on drugs of some kind. I am confused my commentators are not commenting.

Meanwhile MO A +

Probably. But that wasn't close to the play here with the ball in the air.
"In the air" makes it sound like head-height, which is absolutely not the case here. If kneeing a rolling ball is trickery, then a ball bobbling around at sub-knee height at least justifies the question being asked, even if we're all happy with the conclusion of no offence.

Which you'll note, is exactly where we were when I first asked the question an hour ago...

Surely Neymar is the pachydermic presence in the anti-chamber here… Brazil are gifting the Crones possession by playing with ten… when he does have the ball he goes past one and loses it. And he’s obviously fat-faced on drugs of some kind. I am confused my commentators are not commenting.

Meanwhile MO A +
Ooof. I'm on board with you generally that he would have been subbed 3 times over if not for his name, but can't argue with the end results there.

"In the air" makes it sound like head-height, which is absolutely not the case here. If kneeing a rolling ball is trickery, then a ball bobbling around at sub-knee height at least justifies the question being asked, even if we're all happy with the conclusion of no offence.

Which you'll note, is exactly where we were when I first asked the question an hour ago...

IMO, this isn't remotely close to trickery. (Snarky aside, I'd love to see someone play a head high ball with his knee!) Trickery in live play is going to take something grossly unnatural like the example of heading a ball on the ground. Trickery is about cynical play. There was nothing close to cynical about kneeing a ball from the air at a run.

Meanwhile MO A +

Hmm, that post didn't age very well!

Yes, but that's not the only possible example.
But - that was the main reason it was brought in. I think you're looking to find something that isn't there. A player thighing a ball back, as in the example in this game, was an example used by the CFA and LRA as something that isn't trickery.

Back