A&H

Delaying giving name at a caution

Iv yet to do a game up here where iv not been given a team sheet and thats 4 years worth of refereeing. The other scots ref that post(i forget the name) you the same??? Id be very wary about doing a game without them.
Yep it was said when I did the course with GRA never start a game without them!

The Referee Store
I find that this works even when I've not actually stopped my watch ;)
It does for me as well

There is nothing wrong with you asking for them to write you a team sheet, even if the league do not require one. Law 5 has one of the powers & duties as
acts as timekeeper and keeps a record of the match

keeping a record of the match could include a requirement for all the players to be listed. CLubs will moan, but if you do it every week they will realise that of you.
If they refuse, either abandon and report them or become their worst nightmare as a referee......

Speaking of which. in the first few games in a new league that i do, I tried to insist on getting a team sheet but the referee secretary stopped me

It does for me as well
Speaking of which. in the first few games in a new league that i do, I tried to insist on getting a team sheet but the referee secretary stopped me
Is this a league you want to be on?

Is this a league you want to be on?
I thought the same - Ref Sec stopping you asking for team sheets, and the League dealing with misconduct reports, not the CFA?!

My Sunday league requires teamsheets and they are supposed to be provided 15 minutes before kick off but they usually arrive 5 minutes before, if you don't chase them. It's an easy in to get involved with the club officials asking for the teamsheets. You get the chance for a chat, to break the ice and remind them of your refereeing style. It makes for an easier game.

Back