A&H

Deli Alli - Cheat???

The Referee Store
I did not see game but picture two is exactly how to spot a dive/cheat

Arms out ready to cushion the fall, legs straight as possible for same reason

Wish instead of simulation it was given its proper name, cheating

I fear for the future.. World Cup over he goes like above and gets what proves to be a critical penalty for England. All will be forgiven :(

Needs a ban before he will stop it! Step up the FA and take control of this cheat.

They can't, they can only charge and ban him if his actions lead to an incorrectly awarded game changing decision. That will inevitably happen sooner rather than later, but until it does they are powerless to act.

This frustrates me because if he hadn’t have dived, the contact would have still been made. He causes his own problems

They can't, they can only charge and ban him if his actions lead to an incorrectly awarded game changing decision. That will inevitably happen sooner rather than later, but until it does they are powerless to act.
I am sure they could charge him with bringing the game into disrepute or something, but no as he is an England player he will be allowed to continue to cheat.

I am sure they could charge him with bringing the game into disrepute or something, but no as he is an England player he will be allowed to continue to cheat.
Dele Ali 'went to ground' in the penalty area twice in the game against Crystal Palace. The first time he was clearly fouled by Van Aanholt, he protested at the (lack of a) decision and quite rightly so. The second time he avoided running into the GK (probably foolishly) and claimed nothing.

Whilst there have certainly been other, far less defensible, situations involving him in other games, I'm not entirely clear what he is meant to have done wrong on Sunday?!

Dele Ali 'went to ground' in the penalty area twice in the game against Crystal Palace. The first time he was clearly fouled by Van Aanholt, he protested at the (lack of a) decision and quite rightly so. The second time he avoided running into the GK (probably foolishly) and claimed nothing.

Whilst there have certainly been other, far less defensible, situations involving him in other games, I'm not entirely clear what he is meant to have done wrong on Sunday?!

He didn't avoid running into the GK. He dived anticipating the contact but began the dive to far away from the GK so it made him look like an idiot and realised with all the press it would be stupid to throw his hands up or something.

Unless he was shot or his legs collapsed due to some sort of muscle spasm, there is no reason for any fit athlete to avoid running into the GK by falling like that. He could have stayed on his feet or jumped over the GK. And actually watching it back again, Alii was quite happy to knee the GK in the abdominals whilst he fell to try and make it like a PK.

Back