A&H

Do assessors get paid?

The Referee Store
Some counties also provide jackets to wear too
Do you know if you are being assessed as a referee. I know if you are going for promotion you should prepare to be assessed but do they tell you in advance or before KO or after the game etc.

You have to submit your fixtures to your assessment co ordinator so you should have a rough idea of when being assessed.
Personally I always introduce myself before the game, as there's nothing worse than a ninja assessor in my opinion

Do you know if you are being assessed as a referee. I know if you are going for promotion you should prepare to be assessed but do they tell you in advance or before KO or after the game etc.
Yeah, as Ross said in my CFA at least, you are told that you are going to be assessed at least the night before the game I believe

I'll telephone my referee during the week and introduce myself, find out what time they're arriving, etc.

I'll telephone my referee during the week and introduce myself, find out what time they're arriving, etc.

do you knock any marks off if they don't pick up before the third ring and then say, 'what fixture'? :)

Reactions: SM
To answer the first question, it depends on who is doing the assessment. North Riding pay £20 per promotion assessment but East Riding only pay a mileage allow.
At Supply League, assessors tend to be paid a fee rather than mileage now.

I don't contact the referee until the night or two before the match. This is cause there can be changes to available assessors / available referee. For the promotion candidates most of them know of me, so not much to introduce. Supply League matches - worth leaving a little mystery or all the referee does is ask his collegues what are your like?

Back