A&H

Do you remember giving your first red card?

Gary lineker went a whole professional career without a red card......or a yellow

Off topic, perhaps, but very impressive nevertheless

The Referee Store
Gary lineker went a whole professional career without a red card......or a yellow

Off topic, perhaps, but very impressive nevertheless
That's because he never made a tackle :p

....and perhaps referees who never give a red never make a decision

Last edited:
Gary Linekar also played in the days before yellow cards were shown for a lot of technical offences that have since been introduced. :rolleyes:

Not showing a red in OA, seems unlikely over the course of a whole season. Possible in younger player games I would suggest, where they are more naive of some of the cheating and foul play that comes with age/experience.

I'm another who gave his first (two!) reds in his first OA game. Opener was for 2 Yellows. First given on 2 mins for a reckless foul causing a penalty (that was a scary moment!) and second for adopting an aggressive attitude after a bad tackle on him. Then with 5 mins to go another player punches a ball over the crossbar to stop a goal.

Overall it had me shaking my head and wondering if EVERY OA game would be like that ;)

Mine was the last game of last season , 89 minutes on the clock, player shouts at the attacker to put him off his shot, I blow for an idfk, "offender" runs past me and mutters pri** as he runs past, 99% sure he wanted me to hear it! call him over ignores me, blow a little harder and shout a little louder, still ignores me, call him over 2 more times still ignores me, then shouts at me from 30 yards away "what you gonna do, fu**ing send me off you fu**ing fat c*** ".
Funnily enough yes i did !!!

Mine was the last game of last season , 89 minutes on the clock, player shouts at the attacker to put him off his shot, I blow for an idfk, "offender" runs past me and mutters pri** as he runs past, 99% sure he wanted me to hear it! call him over ignores me, blow a little harder and shout a little louder, still ignores me, call him over 2 more times still ignores me, then shouts at me from 30 yards away "what you gonna do, fu**ing send me off you fu**ing fat c*** ".
Funnily enough yes i did !!!

Love it when players say that. "What you gonna do send me off?" ..... "Now there's an idea player, your wish is my command"

Mine was a fairly simple double yellow, both for dissent. To say the player was annoyed would be a bit of an understatement...

Only a few days later did I find out he had actually enjoyed a 10 year career in the Premier League...

Yet another who have his first red in his first OA game... Have a goal kick and white tells me to 'p*** off'. Call him in to have a word with captain and possibly caution, I was undecided. His reply to me asking him to come over?? "Don't tell me what to do you cheating pr**k"... Nice and easy red... Cya later buddy.

He then tells my dad after the game that he's gonna wait for me... To which my dad laughs and tells him will have to go through him first... Love it!!

No reds in 4 years at junior level, then 3 in first 4 games at open age haha... One was in front of my CEO who was assessing me on my second game in charge... Nice easy DOGSO but he was impressed nonetheless :D

Back