A&H

DOGSO dismissal followed by OFFINABUS

Darius

RefChat Addict
I had a case of this on Sunday.

Sent him off for DOGSO, then as he's leaving pitch I get called a load of (probably correct but...) massively out of order expletives along with a 'knock you out' comment (he was 50 yards away).

I've put my report in for the dismissal and included what he's said but see (I wasn't looking for it I came across it while researching my game this weekend) he only got a 1 game ban.

Is this standard - I'll roll with however my CFA want to deal with it - or have I made an error in not reporting it on an Extraordinary Report and including it on the dismissal one?

And do I need to let County know it's on there?

I'm not looking for 'it's out of our hands once it's reported' comments I know that! I'm just want to make sure I've not made a mistake my end?

The Referee Store
Did you inform the player or manager that you would be reporting the additional verbals? If not, I'm not sure, if you did, there should be two entries on WGS, one for the DOGSO and one for the verbal stuff. I have done this a few times, and in this case I would expect one game for the DOGSO and what ever CFA deem appropriate for the verbals.

As said, these should really be two separate reports as each is an act of misconduct.

Not sure what you can do in terms of this case if it has been processed by your CFA, you will probably find they have picked up the main dismissal code and applied the standard punishment without digesting too much of the content written as it is DOGSO.

Feel free to speak to your CFA discipline department but it may well be one to chalk down to experience and make sure your submit as a sending off and separate extraordinary report if something similar happens again.

Reactions: SM
Had a similar scenario to this last season - red for OFFINABUS followed by further OFFINABUS! I reported them separately, although Dorset are pretty good at extracting any additional charges from a report anyway. Just bear in mind for next time it happens that you'll need to put in a separate report!

Always do two reports, the CFA will probably do two fines.

The misconduct report normally attracts a higher value and longer suspension than a DOGSO. It also adds to the clubs history for future club fines.

Had it last week. Yellow player sent off for second caution(one report). As he goes off "Youre a xxxxxxx joker". "Thank you yellow. That's another report." He couldn't leave it and had another pop at the final whistle (another report covering both lots of verbals). Also did a report to the league. Glad I did. Got a phone call apology from the yellow chairman.

Reactions: SM
Back