A&H

Egypt vs Uruguay

"If you don't see assistants flagging, don't be surprised. They've been told not to flag by FIFA and to leave tight offsides to VAR"
If they are actually doing this, they would need to get stung just once before reverting to IFAB protocol which is "dely flag" and not "keep flag down".

And by stung I mean for instance, offside, no flag, corner kick (can't use VAR for corner kick), and goal from the corner kick (too late to go back to offside)

The Referee Store
g shoulder to shoulder with him) before he was tackled. Offside is without a doubt the corr
Oh absolutely. But I still think it's OK to take time to say to the player that the offside's saved him from a dangerous FK and possibly a yellow.

If they are actually doing this, they would need to get stung just once before reverting to IFAB protocol which is "dely flag" and not "keep flag down".

And by stung I mean for instance, offside, no flag, corner kick (can't use VAR for corner kick), and goal from the corner kick (too late to go back to offside)
It is delay the flag.
I think we will see a few flags go up just as the keeper palms the ball away for a save.
I still haven't seen when the flag went up yesterday but I think it was just before or just after the save, no?

Looks a lot like a 0-0. Desperately needs a goal - or another world-class striker on the field... can't help but think my friend Ramos has torpedoed this group and done the hosts a huge favour. Egypt are toothless and presumably Mo will not be sharp if he does get some game time...

At least Kuipers looks class

Russia has to be loving this match so far. I also think Kuipers is the favorite for the final since he has such an experienced VAR with him.

Reactions: one
Post, ping pong, no offside (?), corner, goal... now, who's cautioning for entering the FoP without permission in the celebrations?

Real question is: was there an offside after the free kick came back off the post?

I assume you mean this touch in which the answer appears to be no.

OHHjlDh.jpg

Back