A&H

European Championships 2016

Who will win Euro 2016

• Total voters
Football is about scoring goals and winning games.

Without that, be the best team in the world ever who cannot score goals. See how far that gets you ;)

The Referee Store
Football is about scoring goals and winning games.

Without that, be the best team in the world ever who cannot score goals. See how far that gets you ;)

Managed it against Wales lol!
I see you're avoiding my last question - thought you might .... ;)

Meh, as an Englishman, I think Wales have become my tip for dark horses of the tournament.

They're a team built around one star player, but they've managed to avoid the pitfalls of Portugal, Sweden etc and actually build a really solid defence and an underrated midfield behind their star. They had a real off day against England and were still the better team for the first half, they've actually got goals across the team and have been using Bale really effectively as a decoy runner when teams put too much attention on him. And best of all, Bale isn't going to throw a strop and upset team harmony if a team-mate gets the goal instead of him - he's arguably looked happier for his team-mates that score than he has when he's got the goals.

England have got better players across the pitch, but that's only any good up until Roy chickens out and puts a defensive or bodged together side out. Then it'll be the usual 0-0 draw, followed by a loss on penalties and a boring few months of Woy going on about what a fantastic achievement it is to lose a quarter final on penalties.

Reactions: SM
I can't be hooked .... ;)

So, are you saying England aren't playing well and have no team spirit? Really?
I did answer this - playing well, maybe. Scoring goals? Nope.

As for team spirit. Same old story for England. Your massively expensive and talented players yet again come into a major tournament, lack team spirit and belief, bumble through the group stages without any conviction, get through though but despite the fan and media expectation that this will change, it doesn't and everyone is disappointed when England get a bore draw in the group stage, ends with penalties, next plane home warming up on the runway, duty free, home you toddle.

Been the script for some time :)

Always seems to be related to choice of manager. Except when venables was in charge. He was awesome. :) and he had gazza.

I did answer this - playing well, maybe. Scoring goals? Nope.

As for team spirit. Same old story for England. Your massively expensive and talented players yet again come into a major tournament, lack team spirit and belief, bumble through the group stages without any conviction, get through though but despite the fan and media expectation that this will change, it doesn't and everyone is disappointed when England get a bore draw in the group stage, ends with penalties, next plane home warming up on the runway, duty free, home you toddle.

Been the script for some time :)

You're now making it up as you go along.

England scored the two that mattered against Wales. Wales even needed Hart to palm Bale's free kick into the net for him. I think that was the last time a Welsh player actually touched the ball in the match wasn't it? :p

As for "team spirit" - there seems to be plenty of it to me in the England camp.

The Welsh on the other hand are nothing but bluffers. One minute it's "there's no England player good enough to get into the Welsh team" from Bale and then after being outplayed and beaten, it's "well, they're a good side you know". I see you've reverted back to your "underdog status" (again!!) :rolleyes:

It's always the same script with you Welsh butt. All **** a hoop and arrogant when you manage to exceed even your own expectation, but still, as with the rugby, more concerned about England's results and performance than with your own. How sad is that? :eek:

Reel em in boyo ...... ;) :D

You cannot get away with saying reel em in after your rant fella :smug:

Lol :smug:

Nah. More of a return combo than a rant. ;)

I don't do rants. Same as I didn't do "smug" when we beat you (again). :meh:

Iznit. :D

Lol I predicted an English win against wales, although said 2 goal margin rather than 1. And also every result (not score) in the group come to think of it. Why did I not put money on it!!!

Lol I predicted an English win against wales, although said 2 goal margin rather than 1. And also every result (not score) in the group come to think of it. Why did I not put money on it!!!

The fact that wales are there must have distracted you. Like the jocks, you're too used to seeing only England take part in international tournaments ...... :p

Bit confused by the refereeing appointment for the Hungary vs Portugal game. Martin Atkinson?!

Surely he's directly affected by the result now?

Woy is looking a tad discombobulated..... He can't work out if he's getting sacked on Monday or later that week....:devil:

Reactions: SM
The "bottom" half of the round of 16 contains a lot of the "big guns": Germany, Italy, Spain, France, England (OK, the latter are more water pistol than artillery piece ...)

The route to the final for Wales is beginning to look entirely navigable ...

(Slopes off to fish out family history showing his maternal grandfather was half Welsh ...)

The "bottom" half of the round of 16 contains a lot of the "big guns": Germany, Italy, Spain, France, England (OK, the latter are more water pistol than artillery piece ...)

The route to the final for Wales is beginning to look entirely navigable ...

(Slopes off to fish out family history showing his maternal grandfather was half Welsh ...)

Don't be so quick to assume Jeff ..... ;)

Some teams are about to be found out ..... ;)

Nail on the head in this letter to football365 -

tahyden said:
So many gripes and complaints about England, and I don’t really understand why. Changes needed to be made because players need to be kept fresh for the next round(s). We didn’t lose. We were the better side. We qualified for the next round. That’s all pretty good news. Yet still there is moaning, wishes that the manager would go, and hand-wringing over squad selection. It’s f**king grim. This is why people think we have a sense of entitlement when it comes to the England team; it’s not that we all claim we’re going to win, it’s that we act like such *****s when we don’t maul every side that comes our way.

http://www.football365.com/news/mails-it-is-time-for-rashford-and-barkley

on69c.jpg

Another Welsh pin up boy!!! They are everywhere!!!

Him and Rooney getting dna spliced would produce the ugliest children there has ever been.

Stuff of nightmares.

Him and Rooney getting dna spliced would produce the ugliest children there has ever been.

Stuff of nightmares.

Except, only one of them would know what it's like to go through a group unbeaten ......

Back