A&H

Fifa test and yoyo IR test - have you done it?

The Referee Store
Faak the Yoyo was much tougher than it looked. I spannered my thigh just before doing some sprints and I generally wasn't prepared. I pulled out at an embarrassing 14.4 thinking I was going to do myself serious damage. The only positive was that most of my oppos pulled out before! Only one in our group made it to 17.1. 18.2 seems insane.

What I learned is that I can't just rock up to this one thinking I will waltz it. It really separates the men from the boys. Actually the boys from the men and the girls from the ladies. For me, the long recover test and the sprints, no problem. But must practice for the Yoyo next time.
Old thread one year on...

Repeated the test today. Put in some practice and training. Did the 16.1 required if (big if) I get a promotion with the flag. Slightly disappointed I didn't break the 5 second barrier in the sprint part. I tried a couple of fast 40m sprints and got 5.1 - cursing the bermuda grass ;)

Best part: no injuries, good feeling.

What I learnt about the Yo-yo: lots of fluids (I need a lot), gotta pump the arms when it picks up, good standing sprint starting position, good foot angle on the turn. Obviously the younger you are the less you need the details. But at a certain maturity every advantage helps;)

The FIFA Fitness test is done 3 times a season up here in Scotland, 150m in 30 seconds with the 50m walk in 35 seconds x 20. The yoyo test was brought in around 3 years ago, whilst not an official test we are put through this regularly at elite category meetings and at least once a month at association training. We are expected to attain 18.2 which is a very high standard. Even fit people who pass the FIFA test cannot attain 18.2. We actually have Category 1 and even FIFA officials who cannot attain 18.2.
What league do you officiate in, in Scotland if you're a level 2?

Back