A&H

First assessment

Ryan

THE REF
Level 7 Referee
I received my first assessment from my first game, I was an assistant referee at supply league level, I am very happy with it to be honest, and I have just found out I am being assessed as an assistant on my next game on Friday night so I am hoping to have an improvement on my mark, I have attached my assessment.

Attachments

• r assessment.docx
    30.1 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: SM
The Referee Store
Looks good mate, especially for your first assessment.
What does the yellow mean next to your name?

Yellow flag?

Possibly the assessors way of differentiating you and the other AR for his (her) note taking and subsequent report.

Yellow flag?

Possibly the assessors way of differentiating you and the other AR for his (her) note taking and subsequent report.

Yeah, that makes sense, I was junior, so I was using the yellow flag :)

ryan you have the right attitude listen and learn you will go far, I must start doing that as I have my first contrib line on Saturday so I am sure I will have a few errors to sort out after or even before.....
assessment looks good take the good points and improve them take the not so good points and improve them isn't it simple this refereeing

Referees are assessed on approx 50% of their supply league games so you can expected an assessor on half your games.

Interesting assessment in that he has marked you down on Offside but given no examples??? Reading as a L4 assessor, I would have marked you down on both positioning and awareness (given that it reads like you were "game watching").

The important thing is to "switch on from entering the FOP until leaving it" not from kick-off!

Good luck with the next one.

Referees are assessed on approx 50% of their supply league games so you can expected an assessor on half your games.

Interesting assessment in that he has marked you down on Offside but given no examples??? Reading as a L4 assessor, I would have marked you down on both positioning and awareness (given that it reads like you were "game watching").

The important thing is to "switch on from entering the FOP until leaving it" not from kick-off!

Good luck with the next one.

Thanks, I was switched on, I just was getting used to the tempo of the match, so now in used to it I will be able to be in line from the start!

As a first assessment on a line I'd take it. You have to be prepared to make a big decision within seconds of the start so have to be in position and ready. It's not easy staying with the defender but it's a must.
I've found that talking to myself works. Simply work on the player nearest to the keeper. eg. Red 2, Red 4, Red 2, offside, red 2 etc.

Back