A&H

First game with the headset

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Had my first game on the line in a new division today. It is our fourth tier. Well trained, young teams. Maybe equivalent of supply league but I don't know. Probably lower. Maybe a hundred non paying fans, hot dogs, 20 degrees, and my man, who is usually in our second tier, breaks out the headsets!

Rejoice.

My man in middle coaches our young ref school. Only 25 but exceptional player communication. And the headsets were great. Niggly fit but got used to it. In terms of simplifying the communication process - brilliant. You also always know what has been explained to players. It went smoothly. It was quite an easy game on the line.

Anyway, highly recommended:)

The Referee Store
I'm with you mate, I've got a set and we use them all the time. A great bit of kit that we'll no doubt be seeing much more of in the near future.

Adminsssss, Kes said f***y!

Three posts in two days... What is going on with me?

Okay okayyyyy I missed you all!!! I do check in from time to time y'know :cool:

Reactions: Kes
At what level in Blighty to the headsets come in?
National League Premier (one below Football League)

Careful here DB, your computer might break to overuse :p

Okay okayyyyy I missed you all!!! I do check in from time to time y'know :cool:
All of us...? Oh dear, someone stop Charlie from crying in a corner and let him know the good news!

EDIT - ha, seems I missed @Charlie Jones posting whilst I was typing!

Don't worry mate, some clown will be across soon to feign offence on grounds of sexism, ageism, racism, plagiarism and vegetarianism...

Reactions: DB
Obviously as a lowly level 7 I've never had the opportunity to do a game using comes before.

And I know that it's unlikely that I'll ever get to use them until I reach the dizzy height of the conference. But, I do think they would be excellent to use when in a team of 3 or 4 for "special" occasions like finals etc.

My last minute 4th official appointment would have been considerably easier if I'd been able to actually speak to the ref without having to use a combination of shouting and a flag to get his attention.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear if you thought the comms kit had any downsides etc.

Back