A&H

First Postponement Of The Season!

Justylove

RefChat Addict
Was really looking forward to my first competitive Step 6 middle as a L4 today. Got a call last night that one of the teams have returned positive Covid tests so the game is off.

I’m guessing this is going to be the “new normal”

The Referee Store
Was really looking forward to my first competitive Step 6 middle as a L4 today. Got a call last night that one of the teams have returned positive Covid tests so the game is off.

How frustrating! I am sure this will be a regular outcome.

Although I suspect you would prefer it that way round than getting a call the day after to be told someone has tested positive resulting in you having to come off a game, get tested and self isolate.

They heard who the ref was and found an excuse to cry off ;)

How frustrating! I am sure this will be a regular outcome.

Although I suspect you would prefer it that way round than getting a call the day after to be told someone has tested positive resulting in you having to come off a game, get tested and self isolate.

Yeah very true. I think appointments might become a bit more fluid this season as teams and officials end up having to isolate at short notice

Was supposed to be on the line today for WNPL game. Called off at 7pm last night due to a coach being in contact with someone who was covid positive. Ive picked up a Sunday League game instead.

It's very encouraging that outdoor organised sport has survived all levels of the new three-tier system
IMO, this seemingly improves the chances that grass-roots football will survive the season

It's very encouraging that outdoor organised sport has survived all levels of the new three-tier system
IMO, this seemingly improves the chances that grass-roots football will survive the season

Its not survived October in Merseyside. Hopefully they come out of tier 3 reasonably quickly, but I'm not overly hopeful. I live in a tier 2 area where cases are (considerably) on the increase. Im expecting us to go into tier 3 before Xmas. I've had 4 matches postponed due to covid issues, although I managed to find replacement games because of the referee shortage around here. I think theres alot of disruption to come this season before it presumably improves in the Spring

Very High
exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors

Its not survived October in Merseyside. Hopefully they come out of tier 3 reasonably quickly, but I'm not overly hopeful. I live in a tier 2 area where cases are (considerably) on the increase. Im expecting us to go into tier 3 before Xmas. I've had 4 matches postponed due to covid issues, although I managed to find replacement games because of the referee shortage around here. I think theres alot of disruption to come this season before it presumably improves in the Spring

Nothing from the CFA or league yet. I know the academies are continuing to play this week at the least.

Who knows anything anymore?

Have got loads of fixtures for October and November - pure guesswork if they take place or not.

Done 3 fixtures so far - 2 x Womens Nat Lge lines and 1 schools U18s friendly middle.

Even at tier 3 organised outdoor sports can carry on, for now at least. Women's leagues received an email from the FA today stating as much, not sure if the same has gone out to men's leagues. The only real issue is likely to be availability of pitches, as sports centres have been forced to close so that will cut down options.

That said, Kier Starmer has just demanded a 2 to 3 week "circuit breaker", and that would most certainly put an end to all football, possibly including the professional game.

Even at tier 3 organised outdoor sports can carry on, for now at least. Women's leagues received an email from the FA today stating as much, not sure if the same has gone out to men's leagues. The only real issue is likely to be availability of pitches, as sports centres have been forced to close so that will cut down options.

That said, Kier Starmer has just demanded a 2 to 3 week "circuit breaker", and that would most certainly put an end to all football, possibly including the professional game.

Difficult times for football ahead this winter. Im in a tier 2 area, it would appear to be only a matter of time before private facilities shut temporarily

Who knows anything anymore?

Have got loads of fixtures for October and November - pure guesswork if they take place or not.

Done 3 fixtures so far - 2 x Womens Nat Lge lines and 1 schools U18s friendly middle.
My 2nd schools Under 18 friendly middle today, called off last night as one team has Covid issues :(

Womens Capital Cup line next weekend, is my next game followed by 3 games in quite quick succession - Isthmian U18s, U23s lines and U18 County Cup middle - who knows if they will happen or not?

Just had a message. One of my games is off tomorrow. U18 league. Away team player has tested positive for covid. 3rd game this year thats happened

and now its the rain. U18 Isthmian league match next week called off already because home team's county cup match called off tonight due to a waterlogged pitch so that bumps off the league fixture next week!

It feels like I get as many fixtures called off/moved as I actually get to do some years!

and now its the rain. U18 Isthmian league match next week called off already because home team's county cup match called off tonight due to a waterlogged pitch so that bumps off the league fixture next week!

It feels like I get as many fixtures called off/moved as I actually get to do some years!
If ut makes you feel better the Doncaster Youth League has had to rearrange 150 fixtures so far this season and they are only 6 weeks in! There's only more disruption coming and I see alot of seasons not finishing or shortened. Everyone is just going to have to accept the disruption and crack on. Can you get another gane this weekend Paul?

I'm just being greedy. This one was scheduled for next Weds.

I have two lines coming up - Womens Senior Capital Cup on Sunday and an U23s Isthmian line on Monday evening!

Yes agree - had 1 covid postponement already and think the combination of that and the usual weather problems means we're going to have to remain flexible/optimistic on the football side.

Main thing of course is your health, so I'm not really moaning!

Back