A&H

First pre season game

The Referee Store
Good luck Joe. The players will be blissfully unaware of the situation ... through your calmness and confidence I'm sure you will manage to keep it that way and come away with another milestone successfully achieved!

First pre season game tomorrow but more importantly, my first OA middle... Really looking forward to it but at the same time bricking it :eek::bite:
Just remember if the keeper gets injured stop play :p best of luck matey, you'll be fine. Enjoy it, treat it like any other game. Practice your pre-match, go through the basics and keep it short. And once more it enjoy it. Let us know how it goes

Just remember if the keeper gets injured stop play :p best of luck matey, you'll be fine. Enjoy it, treat it like any other game. Practice your pre-match, go through the basics and keep it short. And once more it enjoy it. Let us know how it goes
I've learnt from your mistakes Nalbi :smug:. Will definitely post on how it went

Just do what you have been doing. They don't know it is your first OA game. I was very nervous about mine and remember you have cards.
I use my in youth so had no issues getting them out but if at youth you have tried not to use them you need to break that habit asap. Good luck and lets us know how you got on and be confident in every thing you do. You will get more talking back, and ignore in the back ref!

Just do what you have been doing. They don't know it is your first OA game. I was very nervous about mine and remember you have cards.
I use my in youth so had no issues getting them out but if at youth you have tried not to use them you need to break that habit asap. Good luck and lets us know how you got on and be confident in every thing you do. You will get more talking back, and ignore in the back ref!
The cards are something I've been thinking about, whether or not they're expected in friendlies?

I drove past my virgin OA game pitch from about 11 years ago the other day, i'd done a season at the kids level so my first OA game was a serious step up. All was going well till a GK cleaned out a CF and i gave the penalty. He was absolutely fuming and i was Yellow Carding him until he called me a Fking expletive, so i dismissed him. He then proceeded to line up in the net to receive the penalty, cue mini riot in attacking team trying to frog march him off the pitch!! He was a big lad and wasn't a happy bunny.... Later I dismissed another one for trying to lamp someone (fighting). I saw a lad from that team a couple of years ago and it was his first game for that team too. He agreed with my decisions but was taken aback with how what seemed like a nice bunch of lads could turn into knobs.....
Game finished something like 8-0..... 11 v 9 and a bag of yellow cards... After that i felt like everything was a breeze...

Game went well! Bit of hand bags and name Calling but nothing which needed more than a talking to. Was a great game to have as my first! Players and coaches were impressed so that'll do for me! Few little minor things I think I could have done better on but also a lot of positives to take from it. Can't wait for the next one :D:p

Glad it went well its good to get your nerves out of the way on an easy game. Its also good you think there are things you could do better and you are looking forward to your next one. Just remember though the intensity normally increases in September.

Glad it went well its good to get your nerves out of the way on an easy game. Its also good you think there are things you could do better and you are looking forward to your next one. Just remember though the intensity normally increases in September.
Fully expecting it to increase to be honest. I'm glad I've got my first one out the way so the nerves are out the way aswell

Good to get on the horse and see what happens. Acknowledging errors and learning from them is a great trait to have, even the best make mistakes. Good luck on the next one!

Still get nervous before a game, I believe it shows you care. I have never taken to the field thinking 'this is going to be easy'. Even the most straight forward matches on paper can throw a curve ball.

Still get nervous before a game, I believe it shows you care. I have never taken to the field thinking 'this is going to be easy'. Even the most straight forward matches on paper can throw a curve ball.
100% this. I'd go as far as to say the "easy" games end up to be the hardest and the "hard" games easiest and I am sure that comes down to expectation and preparation. I have my worst games when I'm not had pre match anxiety.
Key is treat every game the same

Back