A&H

Forgot your boots, Lino?

QuaverRef

I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure
Level 4 Referee
Photo take during Tranmere v Morecombe today. Lino wearing his shoes!

Attachments

• 4E323470-42E6-44DF-84BD-8D91724CA25D.jpeg
    4E323470-42E6-44DF-84BD-8D91724CA25D.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 45
The Referee Store
Could be - or bag nicked from car / hotel, last min appoitment in an area and has NO kit, so got the rest from the others....... Gnerally have 2 pairs with me but also be a size 11, trying to fit into other's 7 to 9 is worse.

I was genuinely just about to post this. My absolute worst nightmare, almost a year on, I still have stress dreams about forgetting my boots or whistle...

You would have thought out of a team of match officials, two football squads, someone would have had a pair of boots going spare, even if in a not perfect fit

If not then good on the AR for just getting on with it, and hope if the ref went down, it was the other AR to go on though (assuming there is no 4th)

You would have thought out of a team of match officials, two football squads, someone would have had a pair of boots going spare, even if in a not perfect fit

If not then good on the AR for just getting on with it, and hope if the ref went down, it was the other AR to go on though (assuming there is no 4th)

There's also a sports direct in Birkenhead (I was there just before Xmas), which is only ten minutes away!

I've had to wear my joggers a couple of times having forgotten my shoes...fallen flat on my backside too as they just didn't have enough grip!

Forgot my cards once!! my GKs had been messing.....Strangely there were cards in the following game!!! How did that happen!!!

I never packed (cant say forgot, just simply never packed it) my black top for a tv game...lucky our warm up tops were near doubles of the actual ref top bar pockets, so i wore that !
in tunnel, one player did notice and said "lino, you forget your top today?"
to which I replied.."no, but the ref did so I lent him mine".............

Back