A&H

Foul or no four

Xavier

3.32min

Is this a foul? In my opinion never he got passed 2 defenders and was just stronger. If anything I would say the blue player is being fouled

The Referee Store
Is this a foul? In my opinion never he got passed 2 defenders and was just stronger. If anything I would say the blue player is being fouled
I don't see a foul there, as you say blue player just looks to be stronger.

Foul for me, pulls the player down. There's being stronger but don't commit an offence in the process.

Safe refereeing in my opinion. There is contact no doubt. There is a slight hold/pull no doubt.
In a less controversial area of the pitch that might not be given, or the defender may not even go down.
It's not really a clear cut foul no foul call. Referee on the day felt it was a foul, so DFK. In either call 11 players would be unhappy and 11 would be happy.
Had the foul not been called the Barnsley manager would be lamenting the referee.

That would be getting given as a foul in almost all professional games. There is an arm on the shoulder, and I think the reaction of the scorer says it all, his team mates are angrier than he is, which possibly hints that he knew he had pulled him.

Foul for me.

Obv given the strange start to EPL var we be as well tossing a coin for an outcome but maybe with VAR it be given, wiith ref sent to review?

based purely on what we see though, foul

Back