A&H

Fox 40 Sonic Blast

CallumRushton13

Level 6 Referee
I currently have a fox 40 classic and CMG (tangerine)... I'm thinking about adding the sonic blast to my collection but is it really worth it??

The Referee Store
Always nice to have a varied tone, particularly when on council pitches if there are a few referees on pitches next to you all using the same tone of whistle

Sonik Blast is EXCELLENT for mass confrontations. Just deafen the players into submission :D Also i second Ross' point. its good to have a variety of whistles

I love the sonic blast. I have read a lot about how it is one dimensional - not true, you just need to learn to make it sing. And when you really blow it, people take notice.

Great whistle. I have a lovely orange and black one, a neon sort of one and a plain black for no nonsense games, :D

I always have mine with me but very rarely use it. I carry a Fox 40 Classic and the Sonik Blast. Sonik blast does very rarely get used but its good for "take notice" moments. Mass confrontations, players in each others faces etc.

Be warned though, it does tend to deafen, so give yourself 10 seconds after blowing before talking to player for his name, otherwise youll just see his mouth move and hear nothing :p

I used the Fox Sonic this weekend for the first time on my two games and it was GREAT

I tried the Sonik Blast and just didn't like it. Nothing to do with sound etc, I just didn't like how it felt in the hand/ grip. Nothing against it other than personal preference. I've now moved on to the Classic Eclipse having used the Classic CMG for a number of years.

i thought the fox 40 classic was loud., this baby beats that, as a couple of the other lads have said stops handbags with one good blow, well worth buying in my opinion

Just checked online about a new whistle, theres about a million different versions of the Fox40! What a minefield!

Have a Fox 40 classic and a sonic blast cmg on a brass ring. If the temperature of the game rises, I switch to the sonic blast. Sometimes I also have it ready for corners if I have a feeling that thing might happen and I really need to sell my decision, whatever it is.

yep if a player doesnt want to listen to a fox40 classic they sure as heck will listen to a sonic blast lol

Mine arrived yesterday and had I little play with it in the back field... Sounds very high pitched compared to the classic, is this the norm or is there a technique to using it??

just needs practice block the mouth peice with your tongue get a good lungfull of air take the tongue off and on the mouth hole takes a bit of time but you will soon master it

Back