A&H

Fox 40 Sonic Blast

It is a little more shrill. The skill with it is varying tone with it which some struggle with. Once you nail that your laughing.

The Referee Store
It is a little more shrill. The skill with it is varying tone with it which some struggle with. Once you nail that your laughing.
I'll have a play with it properly tomorrow... My flat mates will hate me lol

Used my new 40 classic this weekend. Must say it's loud, really freaking loud. I need to have a play around as currently I can only get stupidly loud from it. So those times you just want a casual sound for a throw or something I'm still getting a mega loud blast. On a plus point being so loud whenever you blow everyone turns round as sounds like you're blowing to signal the end of the world!

I did have a couple of lads have a bit of handbags yesterday, strong challenge, player gets up and shoved the other one, I spotted it and gave a blast on the fox and stopped both of them in their tracks which was good.

pretty much the same as a fox 40 classic takes. practice tongue blocking the hole. and i agree players might say the never heard the whistle, never believed that. but they sure wont say that about the blast lol. hary from refsworld australia does a very good educational clip on you tube about varying sounds from whistles have a look at that

Used my new 40 classic this weekend. Must say it's loud, really freaking loud. I need to have a play around as currently I can only get stupidly loud from it. So those times you just want a casual sound for a throw or something I'm still getting a mega loud blast. On a plus point being so loud whenever you blow everyone turns round as sounds like you're blowing to signal the end of the world!

I did have a couple of lads have a bit of handbags yesterday, strong challenge, player gets up and shoved the other one, I spotted it and gave a blast on the fox and stopped both of them in their tracks which was good.
you cant thump somebody with your hands over your ears lol

@jofusref mate it wasn't hands over the ears, everyone was rolling around on the floor bleeding from the ears. Me included!

I was using a Thunderer before. But must say the fox is much nicer being plastic, was noticeably lighter and more comfortable on my wrist.

i miss read your post i thought you meant a fox 40 blast thats even louder than the fox 40 classic, i cant believe people other than egg chasing referees still use metal whistles, oh dear

just needs practice block the mouth peice with your tongue get a good lungfull of air take the tongue off and on the mouth hole takes a bit of time but you will soon master it

Should do that with every whistle. A pet hate of mine is listening to referees that don't do that!

and whatever you do dont touch the fox pearl an abonination of a whistle. if you can call it a whistle
I used to like that one when I was refereeing U/8 and U/9 on the smaller pitch. The Classic was just overkill for those games, the Pearl was much more appropriate.

I don't like the Cushioned Mouth Grip ones, in front of the cushioning is hard plastic, just makes the opening much wider and i keep hitting that plastic on my teeth.

There is nothing wrong with a pea whistle but I prefer the sound of the classic mini and valkeen as my weapons of choice I'll use my thunderer 660 for mini soccer

Should do that with every whistle. A pet hate of mine is listening to referees that don't do that!

I used to like that one when I was refereeing U/8 and U/9 on the smaller pitch. The Classic was just overkill for those games, the Pearl was much more appropriate.

I don't like the Cushioned Mouth Grip ones, in front of the cushioning is hard plastic, just makes the opening much wider and i keep hitting that plastic on my teeth.
Ahh really?? I love the CMG!!

And my sonic is very nice now I've got used to it... Prefer the classic but have used the blast a couple of times for handbags

There is nothing wrong with a pea whistle

I disagree, it doesn't produce a sound that football players and spectators are used to and it's almost impossible to modulate your whistling.
But anyway I was actually talking about football refs whistling like rugby refs with a fox :D

That's why I only use a thunderer for mini soccer especially because it morning football but anything else a pealess whistle is much better

I cannot do the tongue technique but I can still get a good sound from the whistle
If you can say the word 'toot', then you can do the tongue technique - becase that's all you're doing, using the tongue on the roof of your mouth. Literally acting exactly like you're saying 'toot'

i hate the fox pearl

Back