A&H

France V Australia

The Referee Store
For any whistle enthusiast I’d be interested to get your opinion on the refs sound, very strong sounds like he’s having to really fill his lungs.

It’s not a short Sharp piercing sound more like a prolonged long lasting flat sound

I mean. Yellow and, light green, are really just a shade of the same colour

Not instantly easy to pick him out

Referee has made a rod for his own back imo, he’s done exactly what I try to avoid for the first 10-15 mins of a game he’s blown for absolutely everything every slight touch slight brush he’s blown for it.

Now the players are expecting a whistle for every single slightest thing, he’s set his stall out.

Dissent could follow.

Is it a new broadcast policy not to show replays of offsides or possible offsides?

TV replays seem to be avoiding anything that could cause controversy.

Is it a new broadcast policy not to show replays of offsides or possible offsides?

TV replays seem to be avoiding anything that could cause controversy.

I haven't seen anything that's been worth replaying. Do you have a particular example?

Pretty boring first half from refereeing point of view. Few fouls given that didn't look like fouls on replays, but I think Cunha is doing ok.

Possible offside on a GSO for GriEzmann. Will have a look at half time replays.

Edit: nope. Not offside. But a good enough chance for a replay.

Last edited:
Duller games can be harder for the ref. You have to keep more focussed as there is nothing happening then Boom, that one tackle and you have missed it...l

Duller games can be harder for the ref. You have to keep more focussed as there is nothing happening then Boom, that one tackle and you have missed it...l
True, I have a feeling we will see first on the field review of this WC on the second half

Back