A&H

France V Australia

The Referee Store
On the close up you could clearly see he had touched the ball, the ref didn't seem to wait for that replay and gave penalty on the first slow mo!

He slightly touched the ball. And then he tripped Greizmann who still would have had a OGSO. PK + yellow is the correct decision.

France was involved with the only use of GLT in the 2014 World Cup. Figures they gain the benefit of the technology that Lampard died for.

The number of fans and pundits who don't think that was a PK once again reminds me of why they have no say in who's actually considered to be a good ref.
And such a bigoted comment makes you any better than them? Anyone can judge a foul, not just a referee

And such a bigoted comment makes you any different from them?

Yeah. I feel I'm probably knowledgeable enough to identify who's a better referee than the average football fan.

Just as there are a lot of fans who are probably able to identify better players than me.

The number of fans and pundits who don't think that was a PK once again reminds me of why they have no say in who's actually considered to be a good ref.

Looked to me that the defender played the ball onto the attacker, the contact after was normal game contact. With the 'clear and obvious' criteria I'd have thought it was one where they'd stayed with the onfield decision whether it was given or not. If there's an angle showing no contact with the ball then it's a penalty.

Back