A&H

Gareth Bale...

The Referee Store
I thought ref could have blown for the blatant attempted trip and killed it with a yellow. It was clear that bale wasnt going to stop until he had brought the player down or play was stopped in the end and lets face it not many players are getting away from Bale in a foot race. There is one angle as well which shows that there isnt much advantage to continue playing anyway and we're in between red/amber advantage zone anyway.
Moving on - I think the right decision was brought to i.e. a send off. There are two definite cautions. But the ref gives straight red. Im not sold on a straight red. Yes there is force in the push but its in the chest area so I think a yellow suffices.
So two yellows followed by red for me. I was always of the impression that for multiple offences the most serious is punished but a question on areferee suggested that sequential offences can be punished by two yellows one after the other so if thats the case I think thats what should have happened here. Yellow for trip. Yellow for push. Same end result in terms of the match. :redcard:

That's what I thought too, 2 cautions hence a red card. Well he's been officially banned for 2 games; that combined with the clip suggests he was given a straight red. Mmmm I'm not sold his action warranted a straight red, a 2nd yellow definitely.

Just had a gander on you tube, think there's enough in the first foul, a deliberate kick at the opponent nowhere near the ball, for a cherry in itself without any of the afters........

Not brilliant refereeing, he'd have been better off stopping at at the first or second hack and might have avoided the push. The push for me is orange and I'd support either yellow or red for it.

For me, enough for a red with the kick, although the ref clearly didn't think so and was clearly only going to caution for it.
Push def not enough for a straight red

I don't understand why the ref did not blow immediately after the initial kick??
Red for the first kick for me.

I think the events ran away from the ref, he seemed to be chasing events. By the time he caught up matters has escalated to the point where it all got physical. Like many have said an early whistle might have prevented the need for what followed

This clip shows the incident from slightly before the kick out- free kick perhaps??

As a Welshman, Bale of course is the victim of lesser mortals in this video!!! Fall down first time when bale kicks you, he will not then be required to throw you to the ground for your insolence shortly later!! :rolleyes:

Straight red looks right. Agree with above that kick/trip could also have been a red. Silly. :redcard:

Back